Chapter 36

Morgan leaned against the wall.

"Tired?" Asked Elina as she popped up next to him. She wasn't trying to hide her curiosity at all.

"Yes.... and.... How... how do you deal with that all the time?"

"You... You felt that?!" Elina's eyes widened.

"Yes.... I stole your ability. Whatever you do and experience normally is what I feel then.

I don't know exactly how your arcana is used. That's why instead of figuring out how to control it from scratch, I stole it at the point you were already using it.

But I think four was..... "

Elina nodded silently. She had wondered why he had waited so long to do it.

"It's not easy......."

Elina looked up at Morgan's face. His eyes looked slightly unfocussed.

"Are you.... alright?" She asked.

"It's hard... To control something you don't know. Something.... which doesn't exactly want you either."

"Oh... Do you... have two arcana at that point then?"

"I can't use my normal magic when I'm using a stolen arcana. I have to return it, to use my own arcana again. Atleast that's how it works so far..... I think....."

Morgan trailed off.

Elina patted his arm gently.

"Don't worry. It freaked me out the first time too. It was like my mind was broken into pieces and each part wanted to think something different. It gets better eventually. "

Morgan laughed weakly.

"I'm not going to do it again. It's not.... worth it."

Felicita stood by watching this quietly. She was about to say something to him when Jolly's voice interrupted her.

"Next round! Felicita and Morgan!"

Everyone looked up in surprise. It had barely been two minutes since the last fight. And Morgan really did not look like he could fight immediately.

"Um....Jolly, can we give him some extra time to recover?" Asked Felicita.

"No." came the curt reply.

"What on earth?! It's not fair! You saw it too!" Shouted out Liberta.

Jolly was mildly surprised. Liberta was the last person he had expected to defend Morgan.

"We don't have any time. Unless you want to stay here all night, I suggest you get a move on."

Felicita looked up at her aunt pleadingly.

Irisu shook her head. As much as she agreed with the fact that Morgan was at a disadvantage, she knew they had to wind this up quickly.

"It's fine. I'm willing. " Said Morgan with a smile, stepping forward.

"But-" Started Felicita.

"It's fine. " He replied.

Without looking at her, he walked to the center. Felicita had no choice but to follow.

Nobody said anything as the fight started. As much as Liberta wanted Felicita to win, he wondered if she herself was going to become conflicted and take it lightly.

He didn't really have to worry.

As decisive as ever, Felicita closed in kicking and punching.