Chapter 5 (Part 2)

Pace's POV

Pace was happily humming to himself as he entered the room. Debito was already there with his legs propped up and half-asleep. Pace headed towards his bag and opened it to take out a pouch.

This held their reserve money and he took out a big wad and placed it into his wallet.

"DID YOU EAT AWAY ALL THE MONEY YOU HAD?!" Asked Debito in shock.

"Nope! I did some charity!"

"Huh?"

"A poor kid. Wanted to go home to Kharkiv or something. Looked like she was starving. I fed her and then gave her the rest of my money. She reminded me of Milady. Imagine if she gets lost all alone in a city and has no help."

"Mmmm....." Said Debito drowsily.

The door opened and Luca came in. Setting his bags on the table he turned to the other two.

"You stayed here the whole time?! Why don't you check out the beautiful city?!"

"I went out. And I had a fight too. Fun." Said Debito sitting up straight.

Luca just shook his head disapproving.

"You seem to be in a good mood, Luca!" Said Pace.

"Oh I just realised that maybe us being here for so long might have a purpose! A poor girl got cheated by this man and was left with no way to go home. I helped her out and it really felt good to see her smile. The sort of smile Milady gives me when she enjoys her tea."

"I think that is not a good example....." Said Pace with an awkward smile.

"Wait... you helped a girl too?" Asked Debito suddenly.

"Too... what do you mean...."

"I met a girl on the bus who I helped and Pace helped a girl with some sob story too... What did she look like, Pace?"

"Rags, Short silver hair, medium height..."

Debito looked at Luca and from his expression understood that he too had met the same girl.

"Was her grandma sick in Kiev?" Asked Debito suddenly.

Pace nodded and then after a pause said "Kharkiv"

They looked at Luca who was going pale now "St. Petersburg"

There was silence.

"WE GOT DUPED!!" All three screamed angrily.

"Wait....." Said Pace suddenly "I was in the restaurant for quite a long time. Till 5.00... and the girl was with me for over an hour..."

Debito suddenly shouted "Impossible! I met that girl on the 4.15 bus! She was with me for nearly 15 minutes!!"

"And the shop where I met her was quite far away from where you people went..........How? " Said Luca dazed.

Again a moment of silence.

"Well, only one way to get the answer." Said Debito.

The next day the three of them started their hunt. Even by afternoon they had no lead.

"A thief like that will strike again! We just have to persist!" Said Debito gritting his teeth.
"So speaks experience....." Said Luca with a sigh ignoring his glare.

To think all three of us fell for that....

But Debito was right and they overheard a woman talking of how she helped a little girl. They questioned the woman who told them the exact place where the incident had happened.