Chapter 29

With the first round over, Irisu and Jolly quickly got down to setting the next round match-ups.

"Um Jolly are you sure?" She asked looking at a particular match-up.

"Yes. They both seem to be keen on getting on each other's nerves."

"Yes... But it could... Oh well never mind! You take all the responsibility!"

"Of course! Everyone hates me already! I don't mind more hate!"

Irisu looked at Jolly. She could never read his expressions quickly because of his shades, but she wondered why he had to put it like that.

"It's ok! Don't worry! Everyone loves to hates you! That's all! "

Jolly looked at her in annoyance.

"Are you trying to console me or something?"

"No way! I know you love all the attention!" She said drily.

Then she grabbed the match-up sheet.

"Next time I'm participating too! I hate being on the sidelines!"

Jolly chuckled.

"Looks like someone else likes attention too! It wouldn't be fair on the kids though...."

Irisu didn't reply. She glanced down at the participants. She knew what all of them could do after that first match.

Except one

Cecil

There was something odd about that fight. But she couldn't place it.

Was he using his arcana... Or not?

"Round 2!! After this, the highest scorers will clear to the next round based on the judge's decisions! Ok then! Let's start!"

Round 2: Match 1- Pace VS Felicita

As Pace and Felicita started to fight, Nova sat quietly at the side. He knew he wouldn't get to face the same opponent as in the first round but right now he wished he could. He really wanted to give that guy a beating.

"I thought I cheered you up!"

Elina plonked down next to him.

"Yes.. By telling me how stupid I was?" Said Nova flatly, looking at her out of the corner of his eyes.

"Not stupid. Just careless. Morgan knew you were a very stiff person. You knew he played dirty. You should have at least fought him with that in mind"

Elina was poking his shoulder as she said this and finally Nova jerked away in irritation.

"Go away Elina! You are not helping! I'm not a stiff person! Don't talk as if you know me!"

"Okay! " She got up and then without turning she said "But if I go away how will I get to know you?"

She left after that. Nova regretted it instantly. He was just in one of his moods. He hadn't wanted to be so curt with her.

I'll make it up to her later....

The first round ended with Felicita winning.

"You are on fire today Ojou! " Said Pace with a grin.

Felicita smiled. Long back she would have thought that the others were sandbagging to let her do better but now she was a bit more confident in herself.

Then Irisu announced the next match-up.

"Liberta... versus Morgan"

"I've been waiting for this!" Said Liberta jumping up "And don't hold back! Do you hear me!"