Chapter 28

Round 1: Match 5 - Sherlene VS Mikino

When Sherlene and Mikino entered the arena they received a good amount of applause. Both of them were unfamiliar to the crowd but they were quite attractive ladies and were immediately welcomed.

"You do it!" Said Irisu in an annoyed voice.
"No. You were doing it fine" Replied Jolly.
"No! Saying start each time makes me feel stupid!"
"I thought you were used to that feeling!"

Sumire sighed and walked to the front. At rare moments like these she almost believed they were a normal childish couple.

"Let the match begin!"

"Attention seeking hag... " Muttered Irisu.
"Why are you fighting with her now?" Asked Jolly, the previous fight forgotten.
"I don't like how she's being so possessive of Jacob... It's like she wants to hide something... "
"Who?"

Irisu raised an eyebrow.

"Never you mind.... "

Sumire said nothing though she had heard it all. In spite of her best efforts she knew how hard it was to control Jacob.

Mikino had armed herself with a fencing sword; not because she knew how to use it but because it was pretty.

"So how do you like your meat done?" Asked Sherlene with a smile.

"Eh? Well-done!" Replied Mikino.

"Ok!"

Sherlene's right hand burst into flames.

"Wait!" Screeched Mikino "I concede!"

She threw her sword down and skipped to the side.

"I give up! You win!" She said smiling back.

There was a moment of silence and then some of the crowd started booing. Mikino just turned and waved back at them cheekily.

"Well.... It was an unfavorable match..." Said Jolly thoughtfully "But I didn't expect her to be so lacking in self-respect... "

"Your rules" Replied Irisu with a sigh "And Sherlene wins" She announced in a flat voice.

Mikino skipped back happily ignoring the jeering.

Yukino gave her a look.

"Faster we finish this the better. " Said Mikino in a soft voice.

Yukino was surprised to hear the seriousness in her voice.

"Do you think- we should warn them?"

"Eh?! No! I quit because I didn't want to fight fire lady!!! Nothing to worry about!!"

Mikino tried to keep her voice light.

Poor Yuki is already so tensed... And I definitely didn't want to be cooked alive there.......

Round 1: Match 6 - Elina VS Debito

As the final match of the first round started, the crowd became excited again. Debito had many "fans" in the crowd who immediately began to scream out his name.

Elina looked up at the ladies screaming out.

"You sure have a lot of fans... "

"Yeah" Said Debito with a smirk though he didn't take his eyes off her. He was very familiar with his opponent and had already been beaten by her before.

"Don't you wanna turn around and say hi?"

"Nope!" He replied, slowly moving closer.

"BEHIND YOU DEBITO!" screamed a woman.