Chapter 42

Note: Introducing another character from the game who was not mentioned in the anime :) Most of the details about him are as per the facts in the game but with a few creative liberties regarding the timeline and events.

"That's all I could get!"

Irisu placed the bag on the table.

Jolly gave a slight nod and continued reading his book.

"Where's Lucia?" Asked Irisu pushing aside the mess on the table. She sat on the edge and glanced at the book Jolly was reading.

"Out with Elmo" He replied.

Irisu was silent for a few minutes  as she continued to read the book from an awkward angle.

"Those are symbols of the Arcana right? What are you looking into?"

Jolly sat back with a sigh. It wasn't that he was annoyed by the intrusion but he was unsure if he should discuss his vague thoughts now.

Of all the people on the island, Irisu was the one person he knew, who would listen to what he had to say with genuine seriousness.

Of course she might laugh at him behind his back, but that wasn't in his control.

"When are you training Cecil?" He asked trying to sound interested.

"Ha! Why do you care? Asked him to go with Pace now and get acquainted with his team. Maybe later! Now, what are you worrying about?"

"Nothing. Just trying to understand some stuff. What about the others?"

"Stop beating about the bush!" Irisu rolled her eyes.

"They are all away now! If you have something to say do it now! If not, I'm going out to sketch! "

Jolly was silent for a moment. Then he pointed at the book in front of him.

"You are right. It is a book about the arcana. I was reading it again to see if I can make sense of certain things but it is only making it more confusing. "

Irisu nodded patiently and motioned him to go on.

"Irisu... Do you remember that incident from before? That house with the rouge arcana?"

Irisu blinked her eyes. It had been so long back.

"Not really.... "

"We encountered other Arcana there right? Atleast you remember that?"

"Yes. So?"

Jolly fidgeted in his chair slightly.

"I don't know how to explain it to you. So I'll make it simpler. The Arcana is effectively a contract. According to what we assume now, we host an Arcana. Clear?"

"Ok. I know. "

"But based on our encounters we have seen multiple people host the same Arcana right?"

Jolly paused and waited for it to sink in.

Irisu mused over this silently.

"Jolly... You mean to say... But that's-"

"I know. It sounds strange. Then I assumed maybe once a host is dead the Arcana moves to another. But there are so many discrepancies in that line of thinking too.

So the final conclusion is, it is actually a contract. Which means any number of people can contract a single Arcana."

"That.... It sounds strange.... It's like an infinite power then?"