Chapter 54

"Jolly.... since when can you talk to someone else's arcana?"

Irisu watched as Jolly made Lucia sit on the couch and kneel so that his eyes were on the same level as hers.

"I haven't yet. It's something I'm testing."

"Oh no you don't!!" Irisu picked up his glasses and smashed it back onto his face "You are not going to experiment on her!!"

"Just listen!" Jolly pushed her hands away and sighed "Ever since I used my arcana a few years back on Felicita I have been trying to expand my control over it."

"You've been training?" Irisu could hardly believe what she was hearing and Jolly scowled because he was not too fond of that word either.

"Not exactly... just learning. Researching. Remember what I said about how the arcana are as real as us? Which means in simple terms they are entities existing within us. There's a chance that as I go deeper into a person's mind to bring out their memories I can encounter this entity too."

"But you are not sure?"

"No... but Lucia might be a perfect scenario to test because she is young. Which means there is a limit to how deep her memories can go. If my theory is right it can be proved easily."

"There's no risk right?" asked Irisu after a pause.

"I don't think so? You can support me with your own arcana. It will let you follow me too. You can stop me if you think there's any danger."

"Well... I'm not sure if I want to." Irisu looked at Lucia but the young girl seemed rather excited by the thought.

"Ooh!! Read my mind!! I like it!! Also Morgan gave me a candy yesterday which I lost! It will be great if you can find it!!"

Jolly sighed.

He had never expected Morgan to be the kind to go around spoiling kids.

"Also Irisu... " Jolly took of his shades again and this time she did not stop him "Even if we don't find the High Priestess we might still be able to get clues to your question from earlier."

"Ok" Irisu sat next to him "You will be ok with an extra person right?"

"Huh? I supported quite a few people the other time with Felicita. It's more on you than me really, so feel free to pull out if you feel tired."

Jolly turned to Lucia, "Just look into my eyes."

"Oh ok!"

Jolly quickly activated the power of La Luna and as everything dissolved around him he saw Irisu reach out to touch his shoulder.

It took a few moments to orient himself to the darkness and Jolly moved a few steps forward before expanding the vision.

"Wow... this is different from before..." said Irisu suddenly.

Jolly chuckled.

He had forgotten that the last time he had done this with Irisu was when they were terribly young. It suddenly made sense why she had been worried if it would be too much for him.

"You really have been training!" exclaimed Irisu.

"Research" said Jolly immediately "Let's go."

They started to walk forward quickly, with Jolly expanding the vision as he felt fit.

Jolly was sure that if he was looking for the arcana it would be very deep inside Lucia's mind and he ignored the other memories that had started appearing nearby.