Chapter 24

Yukino opened her eyes sleepily. Mikino was already up and dressed.

"Today's the day! " She said energetically.

"Mm... " Replied Yukino.

She wasn't very excited about the battle royale. She knew that Mikino wasn't that excited about participating either because the power of her arcana wasn't exactly suitable for battle.

Yukino had already made up her mind not to use her arcana.

Just get it over with

"I'll go wake up Cecil. " She said, getting up.

"Ok.... Be careful.... "

Yukino walked down the corridor. She saw that some of the others were already up and in the garden. She stayed as far away from them as possible and took a different route.

Suddenly a door opened and Jolly stumbled out. He had his glasses off and he was looking quite sleepy.

Yukino stopped in her tracks wondering if she could just walk past.

It was only then Jolly realised he was being watched and looked around.

"Good morning.... " She said weakly.

Truthfully, she was scared of him but right now he looked very normal.

"Uh.... " Jolly just continued looking at her.

"Let's go!!" The door burst open again almost knocking him down. Irisu came out and plonked his glasses on his head.

Then she turned and smiled at Yukino.

"Once you people have breakfast come to the arena! We are going to go get things ready! "

"We.... " Mumbled Jolly still looking dazed.

Irisu grabbed him by the arm and giving Yukino a final wave walked off.

Yukino continued down the corridor. She had still not made up her mind about that woman. Everyone else here was easy to read. She liked them, disliked them or was scared of them. But she wasn't sure what she felt about Irisu.

And her arcana........

Yukino wondered if she was the only one who could feel it.

It's almost like......

Yukino's thoughts were interrupted by a crash from Cecil's room.

She rushed in quickly and saw Cecil crumpled on the floor.

"Are you alright?! Talk to me!! "

Cecil propped himself up. His breathing was still slightly ragged.

Yukino reached out and was about to touch him but managed to stop herself.

Be careful....

Mikino's words came to her and she slowly stepped back.

"Cecil are you alright..... "

He didn't respond.

"Cecil...... "

Yukino was at the door now. She gripped the doorknob tightly.

One last time....

"Cecil.... "

Cecil looked up and gave a weak smile.

"I'm ok."

He was not ok. Yukino could see it. He had been getting worse over the last few days.