Chapter 4

A busy open market in Ireland

"So where do we start Jolly?" Asked Liberta as they stood in the middle of the crowd.

Jolly rubbed his eyes and sighed. The minute he had arrived they had delegated all authority to him. Normally it would have been fine but right now he was feeling extremely jet-lagged.

"Are you alright Jolly?" Asked Felicita.
"Yes Milady. I suggest we wander around and ask people if they have seen anything strange."

"But that's exactly the problem." Said Nova "Most of the locals can't understand us and the rest are tourists."

"We don't need to talk. We just need to look." Said Jolly. "It is not easy to hide an arcana sign or its aura."

"Morgan hid his arcana very well. And you said yourself that it IS possible to hide the aura.We would never notice it unless they wanted us to; provided they can control their arcana." Countered Felicita.

"True... but we aren't hiding ours are we? They can find us " He replied

"Yes... and whoever notices it, will definitely be spooked." Said Nova.

Jolly wished that they would just stop talking. He was feeling too tired to think straight.

"Jolly! Look!" Said Liberta suddenly shaking his arm.

Liberta was pointing at a grocery stall. There were a few customers around it bargaining with the shopkeeper. But what had particularly caught his eye was a girl.

She was older than them, probably about Debito's or Pace's age. Felicita let out a small gasp when she saw the girl.

She looked very normal, with long black hair and dressed in winter clothes; and blended well with the locals except for one thing.

She had a scar on the left side of her face. A very elaborate scar running over the sides of her cheek and covering half her face.

Felicita couldn't help thinking that without the scar she would have been a very beautiful girl.

But to the four of them it was more than a scar. It was clearly an Arcana symbol.

"What Arcana is that?" Whispered Nova.

Before Jolly could reply, the girl suddenly looked up and saw them staring at her. She involuntarily took a step back, then turned and started walking away.

"Follow her. We need to talk to her." Said Jolly as he pushed through the crowd.

The four of them gave chase but the girl seemed to notice she was being followed because she started running. She was more familiar with the market layout and they were unable to catch up with her.

But they persisted and they finally reached the outskirts of the market. It was a sparsely populated area and beyond the market it was just snow for miles around They could see the girl running down the empty road now; looking over her shoulder in between.

"Why did she panic like that?" Asked Liberta.

"Because a bunch of strangers where staring at her." Said Felicita.

"Continue following her." Said Jolly as he walked forward.

The other three were surprised.

"She must live close by. There are not many houses here. First house we find is where she is."

The three of them followed him as they understood the reasoning.

They saw a house in the distance after a while and just then they noticed the girl dart inside. The sound of the door closing could be heard even at this distance. The four of them quickly ran towards the house. Once the reached, they waited for Jolly to knock on the door.