Chapter 15

When Felicita got out of the house she immediately heard the loud commotion from the gazebo. She quickly ran over and was surprised at the scene there.

Almost all the new members were there, along with Debito and the gang. They were just standing around the gazebo and watching the action inside with amusement.

Lucia was waging war against an old man who was laughing hysterically and dancing like a child. He kept shouting incoherent sentences.

"Catch me!! Catch me! I'm mad! I'm mad!"

There was something about this strange man that scared Felicita but everybody else seemed to be enjoying the fight. Lucia didn't seem to care at all about her little audience.

"Feli! What's going on?" Shouted Nova running over closely followed by Liberta.

"I don't know. Who is that?"

Nova glanced at the fight inside. He too had no idea who this mad man was.

"Probably a trespasser... Let's throw him out." Murmured Liberta.

"Wait...you don't know who he is?" Interrupted Morgan suddenly.

"Um... no... Do you?" Asked Felicita nervously.

All the spectators were looking at her in surprise.

"Huh? We thought it was a family member." Said Elina quietly.

Felicita suddenly realised that these people hadn't said anything so far because they had mistaken the stranger to be somebody in the family.

Oh no ... I have to stop this....

"Of course he's not!" Said Debito with a laugh "Papa would not let a mad man like that in!"

"Then why didn't you tell us, idiot!" Said Mikino sharply, silencing him.

At this moment Irisu and Jolly walked by. For a second they both stared blankly at the crowd and then-

"IF YOU DON'T APOLOGISE I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!" Lucia screamed and kicked the old guy.

"Lucia!!" Irisu ran forward with a shout and tried to pull her away. The girl tried to pull away.

"He's a meany! Mean old coot!!!"
"Lucia stop!" Shouted Irisu struggling to pull her back.

Felicita stepped forward quietly.

"Excuse me, sir. You are trespassing on our property. Who are you?"

By then, Irisu had successfully dragged Lucia back and dumped her into a surprised Jolly's arms. But when Lucia tried to struggle away again Jolly firmly held her in place.

"Who am I..." The old man trailed off and stared off silently into space.

"If you are lost we will show you-"

"Who am I?! Who are you?!? I am Kafka!!! Who are you?!?!"

He suddenly started dancing again.

"Make him stop!!! He's crushing them on purpose!!!" Screamed Lucia.

It was only then that the others understood what had set off Lucia to react so aggressively.

"Hey old man are you gonna stop or should I make you?! You are beginning to annoy me!" Said Debito with a scowl stepping forward.

Liberta had his hands on his sword and so did Nova. They were ready to fight if it came to that.

"You will stop me? Can you stop me? I'm Kafka! Who are you?!"

Felicita stepped back a little frightened. Kafka seeing this immediately moved towards her.

"You will stop me?! Come little girl!!"

Before anybody else could react Morgan stepped forward. He positioned himself between the two of them and said coolly " No she won't. You might want to count again..."

Kafka paused. Everyone stared at him silently. The only sound came from Lucia gasping to hold back her tears. If Kafka so much as dared to move, a mixture of swords and fists and arcana magic were ready to fall on him.

Kafka smiled.

"I only see children."

"YO OLD MAN! WHO ARE YOU CALLING CHILDREN?!??!" Debito raised his fists and moved forward when suddenly he was interrupted by a firm voice.

"Enough!"

Everyone turned to see Mondo approaching the crowd.

"Papa! This man-" Liberta started explaining but Papa cut him off.

"I know. All of you please leave."

It seemed a bit anti-climatic to leave and so everyone just stood there.

"Jolly!" Said Mondo looking at him.

"Yes Mondo. Everyone leave now."

Everyone retreated hesitantly. Debito gave one last evil look at Kafka and stormed off. The others started drifting away too. Yukino looked at Lucia. She wanted to say something to the little girl but didn't have the courage to do it with everyone around and so she left too.

Felicita dragged along the three boys. Liberta, Nova and Morgan all seemed in the mood for a fight, but Felicita gave them a meaningful stare and they quietly followed her. Elina tagged after without even looking back. The show was over. Sherlene also didn't seem to care as she walked away.

Lucia seemed to want to say something but Jolly shushed her.

"You are a good girl Lucia. Leave it to Papa. Let's go." He gently pulled her along.

Irisu gave Mondo a look.

"Will you be alright Papa?"

Mondo was looking at Kafka who was now standing there with a vacant expression and humming.

"I'll be fine Irisu. He is... a family member."

Irisu raised her eyebrow quizzically.

"Kafka... he is the host of The Heirophant. I'll take care of him now. You may leave."

Irisu nodded and left.

It was silent with everyone gone now.

"Are you alright now Kafka?"

Mondo stepped into the gazebo and looked enquiringly at Kafka.

"Yes. I really must stay inside in the morning." He replied with a chuckle.

"Yes, you should." Said Papa drily "Don't cause such panic again."

"I'm sorry." He replied softly "But when the madness calls me I must go"

Papa said nothing. After standing there in silence for a few minutes Papa said "I'll be leaving now. You haven't made a good first impression so stay away from them."

"They are just children. I want nothing to do with them."

"Yes but from what I gather you were fighting like a child yourself!"

"Haha!"

Mondo smiled and left. Kafka stood in the gazebo silently. He looked down and saw the butterfly crushed under his boots. He knelt down and gently laid it on the ground. He stroked it's wings and said softly:

"Nuova Vitalita"

The air around the butterfly shimmered. It twitched slightly and then moved it's wings. Then suddenly it lifted off from the ground and flew out into the blue sky.

Kafka smiled as he left the gazebo and walked towards the house.