+ Homecoming +

"Where's Peter?" Michelle asked. I shrugged, I was hanging out with her and Ned, and some other kids, since Peter went to Liz's.

"I don't know. It's no biggie though. He'll be here soon enough.." I spoke sadly, I was still jealous of Liz. But at least Peter will be happy.

"I can't believe he went with goody two shoes Liz, I thought you two were really gonna show up together." Michelle spoke as I looked to Ned.

"Uhm? sorry what?" I spoke. "Did you tell her?"

"I couldn't help it! I can't talk to Peter about it so she's the next best thing. We even planned out how you two would ask each-other out to the dance!" I chuckled before looking down at the ground.

"Yeah, I had planned it out too, but chickened out." Ned then taps me on the shoulder. I turn to see him. He was looking through the glass doors. Party in full swing. Ned waves and Michelle waves before giving Peter the finger. Peter then pulls open the door. I could feel something was off with Peter. "Guys, I need to leave. I'm sorry Ned." He nods and I smile giving him a kiss on the cheek before I push my way through the crowd looking for him. I could see Liz dancing with some of her friends, I went in that direction hoping I'll find him. I leave the crowd and see him talking to her, but I only catch the last of their conversation.

"Gotta go. I'm, I'm sorry. You don't deserve this." He spoke. I quickly catch up to him as he hurries away, leaving Liz in the middle of the dance floor. "Kara, I'm going to need you to come with me." I nodded in silence. Peter rushes out through the hallway and unties his tie. He lifts a row of lockers with one hand, picks up his homemade Spider-Man suit from under it. I then slam my shoe on the ground my suit turns into my armour, I didn't wear a mask cause I didn't plan on coming back. Not like any of these kids would remember me anyways. Now Peter in his homemade Spider-Man suit and me in my armour, we exit the school. As he is about to round a school bus, someone shocks him from behind.

"Spidey!" I spoke, a man appears wearing a shocking gauntlet.

"He gave you a choice. You chose wrong." I stay behind keeping my eye on him, if he did anything I didn't like I would step in.

"Ah, what the hell?" Peter spots me as I attempt to step out, but he shakes his head. I didn't like this, but I had to listen to his wishes, but if he gets badly hurt I'll never forgive myself.

"What's with the crappy costume?" The Shocker prepares his gauntlet for another shot. I watch as Peter searches for his web-shooter, which has fallen from the impact and is lying on the ground.

"My web-shooters..." Peter runs to the web-shooter, but Shocker hits a school bus to attack Peter, then kicks the web-shooter away. I step out from hiding, I couldn't watch this any longer.

"I wasn't sure about this thing at first, but damn. Oh, I've seen you before princess. Wanna say hello to my little friend?" He smiled, I watched as he cranked the power to full blast and before I could react he shot me straight in the chest sending me flying backwards into a car, the alarms going off. I look to the right and watch as the shocker punches the bus into the air. The vehicle lands upside down on the ground, Peter was in there. Opening the door, Peter falls out. He slowly crawls to his web-shooter.

"Why did he send you here?" I slowly get up from the car, healing my wounds. I shake my head before I walk over to Peter as I watch him on the ground. I could feel my blood boil from under my skin.

"Guess you'll never know." I slowly begin to float as my hands slightly turn blue, before I saw Ned holding the web shooter. My skin turned pale once again, as I got closer and watch a strand of web attaches itself to the Shocker gauntlet.

"Nice shot!" Peter calls. I use my telekinesis to pass it from Ned to Peter. Peter pulls the web-shooter to himself and traps The Shocker against the school bus with a web blast. "Yes! Guys, the guy with the wings is Liz's dad."

"What?"

"That's insane!" I spoke standing beside the both of them. "I know. I gotta tell Mr. Stark. Call Happy Hogan." Ned looks confused about Happy, so I explain.

"He's Tony Stark's head of security."

"And, uh, get a computer to track my phone for me." Peter added as Ned nodded.

"Are you two gonna be okay?" Peter jumps up onto a streetlight.

"We'll be fine." I say before I fly up beside Peter. "We'll be fine right? It is Liz's dad."

"It'll be fine. Hurry Ned, we gotta catch him before he leaves town." Ned hurries toward the school building as Peter swings away, as I fly following closely by his side. I looked back at the school, this wasn't what I was expecting to be my first homecoming dance, but at least I'm with Peter going to help save people.