+ Boat Rides Pt.2 +

"You're messing with things you don't understand."

The weapon's laser beam breaks up into multiple rays. The energy blast cuts through the upper seating area, narrowly missing frightened passengers. In the air, Vulture dodges the blasts as they shoot into the sky. Shocker sprints toward an upper deck, leaps into the air, and lands on Vulture's back. The rays slice through the length of the ferry, then vanish. In the seating area, passengers move cautiously. In the cargo bay, jets of water start to split up the ferry. "Oh, my god. What do we do? Karen, uh, give me an X-ray of the boat and target all the strongest points." As Peter is frantically trying to keep the boat together I fly towards the middle and take a deep breath.

"You got this." I spoke before my eyes glowed green, I was pulling the boat together with my mind. I was using all of my strength to pull it together. I could feel the blood flowing from my nose, but I had to ignore it. I kept pushing through trying to pull it together as Peter webbed up all the target areas. I let go for a split second. Water floods the cargo hold, pushing the cars forward. People cling to posts as the stream rushes past them. On the upper level, passengers slide down the floor of the leaning ferry. The gap widens as the web strands continue to snap. Peter leaps into the air. "No!" I scream as I try to keep the boat together. He grabs a thread and shoots another. Arms outstretched, Peter hangs between the two sides, trying to hold them together. Suddenly, the two sides start to move toward each other. My vision starts to become blurry as I fell from the sky before I feel a pair of strong arms catch me and place me on some seats.

"You did a great job, Kar- I mean Goddess." Peter spoke, I smiled wiping my nose with my sleeve.

"It was nothing." I watch as Peter stands up and walks towards the window, I then see the person who is really keeping the boat together. "Oh no..."

"Hi, Spider-Man. Goddess. Band practice, was it?" Hovering outside, he holds up one half of the boat. Drones arrive and attach themselves to the other half. Thrusters propel the two halves of the ferry forward and join them together. Iron Man looks at us through the window, then flies off.

"Yeah, Iron Man!" Someone spoke as I slowly sat up. I watch as Peter swings into the cargo hold, where Iron Man is welding the ferry back together. I look down at my hands before punching a wall angrily, bending it out of shape.

---

Helicopters are still flying around the ferry. I was sitting on the edge catching my breath, Peter is perching on the edge of a building, when Iron Man flies over to us. "Previously on Peter and Kara Screw the Pooch: I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multi million-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do. As for you Kara, that tracker was there for a reason, it was to keep you safe."

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asks sadly.

"No thanks to you two."

"Excuse me? No thanks to us?" I reply angrily turning myself around walking over to Tony's suit. "Those weapons were out there, and we tried to tell you about it. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to us!"

"If you even cared, you'd actually be here." Peter added. The Iron Man suit opens, revealing Tony inside. He steps down from the suit and marches toward Peter, who backs off. I stand my ground, I wasn't scared of Tony. I could sense that he was actually in that suit.

"I did listen, kids. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid."

"He's fifteen." I spoke.

"No, this is where you zip it, all right? The adult is talking. What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? 'Cause that's on you two. And if you guys died, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience."

"Yes, sir." I backed down, Tony was right after-all. We are just teens.

"Yes."

"I." Peter looks at me. "We, we are sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

"I understand. I just wanted to be like you."

"And I wanted you to be better. Okay, it's not working out. I'm gonna need the suit back."

"For how long?"

"Forever."

"Tony, that's unfair! You can't do this to him." Peter shakes his head with a shocked expression.

"I can and I will. Yeah, that's how it works."

"No, no, no... Please, please, please..."

"Let's have it."

"You don't understand. Please. This is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit."

"If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. Okay? God, I sound like my dad. For you, Kara. After your homecoming you're gonna be going back to Asgard. No ifs, ands, or buts, It's final."

"Tony!" I scoff in disbelief.

" I don't have any other clothes."

"We can sort that out."

---

Peter walks down the hallway of his apartment wearing pink Hello Kitty pyjamas and an oversized NYC tourist T-shirt. I was wearing a striped t-shirt and ripped light-washed jeans. He knocks on the door, which May answers. "Hey." We whisper. May inhales deeply and storms inside.

"I've been calling you both all day. Neither of you answered your phone. You guys can't do that. Then this ferry thing happens. I've called five police stations." We walk towards May and stand behind her.

"Five. I called five of your friends."

"We're fine." I spoke.

"I called Ned's mother."

"May, we're okay. Honestly. Just relax. We're fine." Peter spoke. May stands and faces Peter and I.

"You. Cut the bullshit. I know you both left detention. I know you left the hotel room in Washington. I know you sneak out of this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out. It's just us three." A beat, then Peter's eyes fill up with tears. I look to the ground, I don't even know how I was gonna break the news to May that I had to leave after Homecoming.

"I lost the Stark internship."

"What?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could, he would, you know. But I screwed it up." Peter sits down on the sofa next to him. May hugs him and strokes him. I sit across from them on the love seat.

"Oh... It's okay, it's okay. It's okay."

"I'm sorry we made you worry."

"Yeah, me too Auntie." I spoke sadly.

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your lives."

"Yeah, we know." He sniffled.

"Just... I used to sneak out too."

"Yeah." May scowls, then leans in to sniff Peter's hair. "And take a shower. You smell. You smell like garbage."

"I know." He chuckled sadly.