+ Washington Monument +

Peter swings on top of a bus as I landed softly on my feet. Peter was waiting for Ned to answer the phone before Peter's eyes lit up. He pressed the speaker button. "Oh, Ned, you're alive!" Peter smiled as we high-fived.

"Are you guys okay?" Ned asks, it was so great to hear his voice again.

"Ned, this is serious. Where's the glowy thing?" I ask sternly.

"Don't worry, it's safe. It's in my backpack." He replies.

"No, Ned! Listen that thing is seriously dangerous. You need to get rid of it." I spoke digging my nails into my palms, I didn't want to lose anyone else if I have the power to prevent it.

"You guys missed the Decathlon. I covered for you."

"Ned, listen to us!" Peter spoke.

"We're at the Washington Monument now. You gotta-" We then could hear the phone shifting from the other side.

"Peter, Kara, is that you?"

"Hey Liz.." I spoke before Peter turned off the speaker and held it up to his ear. I frowned, I wanted to listen in. Peter and I then jump from the bus, he tumbles on his back, and starts running. I land roughly on the ground as we were running my outfit shifted back to my armour and golden mask.

"Please put Ned back on the phone." He pleads. Now at the Lincoln Memorial, Peter and I are running towards the Washington Monument. Peter was in his spider-man suit so I had to make sure to call him Spidey so I don't reveal his identity. We keep running, and the Washington Monument comes into view as we get closer. I groan before I leap off the ground flying in the air before I use my telekinesis to lift Peter into my arms as I hold onto him flying faster towards the monument. We arrive at the base of the monument, I let go of Peter gently putting him down. "No, no, no, no, no, no. Karen, what's going on up there?"

"The Chitauri core has detonated and caused severe structural damage to the elevator."

"Shit!" I spoke looking up.

"Oh, no." Peter spoke.

"My friends are up there!" I turn to see Michelle pointing up.

"What?" I spoke looking to her. Peter then quickly fixes me small mistake.

"Uh... Don't worry, ma'am. Everything's gonna be okay. Excuse me, excuse me. Oh, my god, that's tall." Peter runs through the crowd, leaps onto the side of the monument, and crawls up. I follow, but instead I fly up towards the top, I look down and I begin to panic slowly feeling myself go lower. I take a deep breath and open my eyes and continue to go higher. I see Peter and I fly towards him and use my telekinesis to lift him off the building. "What the heck!?" He says before he turns to see me floating with my hand out towards him.

"There's a southeast window, I'm gonna throw you through it and I'll follow after. Prepare yourself Spidey." I spoke. Peter nodded and gave a thumbs up before I smoothly pushed him through the window. The window shatters into pieces as Peter swings in, and I quickly follow, the roof of the elevator is ripped off. The elevator starts to fall. Peter slides in towards the elevator shaft. Peter shoots a strand of web onto the falling elevator, then braces his feet against the doors to the shaft. Liz, Ned and Mr. Harrington are jostled in the elevator as it is stopped.

"I did it! Whoa!" Peter spoke, I rolled my eyes as I flew in and I floated above it holding the elevator with my telekinesis. I could feel that I was slowly falling towards the elevator since I was more focused on holding the elevator in place. He looks up to me looking to see if it was safe to move to try to help them out, I nod and give a thumbs up. "Ahem. Hey, how you doing? Don't worry about it. I got you." I hear Peter say trying to deepen his voice so they don't recognize him.

"Yes Yes!" I hear Ned say as I was being lowered closer to the elevator. Ned swings his fist in joy and relief, making the whole elevator wobble.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around. She's doing all the work so we need to hurry up."

"Sorry, sir, ma'am. So sorry." Ned spoke. I took deep breaths as I slowly lifted the elevator up the shaft up on a door so they could exit safely. As we reach an upper level floor I can start to feel myself slip, but I power through it. My friends and the civilians were my top priorities.

"Okay, okay." A Park Ranger spoke as the doors to an upper level opened as Peter helped them out of the broken ceiling.

"Mr. Harrington, go. Ned, come on." Cindy spoke.

"Alright. This is your stop." Peter joked around.

"Come on, Liz." Ned said. The metal elevator ceiling starts to bend under Peter's feet.

"Shit." I mumbled before I tasted blood in my mouth. "Go, go, go. Everybody out! Move it, people. Move it, move it!" I yelled, the blood not stopping anytime soon. I could start to feel light-headed.

"Are you sure it's safe?" Liz asks. Liz reaches out, but before she can hold Mr. Harrington's outstretched hand, the ceiling snaps.

"Liz!" I yelled not caring that I could have given up my identity, but my head started to spin so I used my powers to quickly lift Liz up to Peter's hands as I fell down the shaft. He quickly helped Liz and gave her to the group of students before he jumped back into the shaft after me.

"GODDESS!!!" He screamed, I opened my eyes and saw him. My powers started to kick back in and I stopped falling before I could hit the bottom, I then made Peter float down to me. "Are you okay Kara? You're bleeding !" He spoke as he gently touched my cheeks. My cheeks turned red at his touch before I looked away.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. Is everyone else safe?" I asked, I had never been the type of person to put myself first. It was probably a trait I had passed down from my mother.

"Yeah yeah everyone's safe thanks to you." I smile as I look away.

"Are you really friends with Peter Parker?" I heard from far above, I knew it was Flash. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"I swear to god one day I'm gonna show him what it's like to be bullied that dickhead." Peter chuckles as we both both start to laugh.