+Jealousy +

The Next Morning.

Peter and I are walking down the street with Ned, he was carrying a huge stack of thick books in his arms due to the loss of his backpack. "You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? You know what? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me. Maybe. How much did it hurt?"

"The spider's dead, Ned."

"And you were just born with your powers? Were you able to control them at first? How is Asgard?"

"My Father is dead and Asgard is terrific besides my grandma dying and that I haven't seen my uncle in forever." Peter cuts the conversation short noticing how uncomfortable I felt answering those questions, allowing no room for further discussion on the subject. Ned shrugs and looks ahead. His eyes go wide.

"Whoa." We stop short, examining Delmar's Sandwiches. It was almost burnt down, the store name almost illegible. Police tape and barricades surround the shop. Various police officers and crime scene investigators are working around it. "You two were here?" Peter warily eyes the agents standing near the scene.

"Yeah."

"You guys could've died."

"I've almost died a couple of times now, so I think I have an idea on how to protect myself." I spoke. As we all stare at the badly damaged building. Expressions completely serious.

"Do you lay eggs?"

"What? No." Peter and I laugh at the absurd and anticlimactic suggestion.

---

In the middle of a chemistry lecture. A torch is boiling a dark-coloured liquid on the desk. Peter, Ned and I are wearing safety glasses. Ned rolls over in his chair towards Peter and I. Peter was scribbling in his notebook as I read the textbook.

"Can you spit venom?" Ned asks in a low voice.

"No."

"Can you bring back the dead?"

"What? Hell no!" I whispered back looking at Ned with wide eyes. "Who do you think I am?"

"Can you summon an army of spiders?" Suppressing a sigh, Peter looks up in the guise of concentrating on the lecture and bends down again to take some notes.

"No, Ned."

"Can you turn water into rum?" Ned asked.

"I think I can?" They both looked at me. "What? It's probably not that hard."

---

"The Sokovia Accords were put into place..." The history teacher spoke droning on. I swear this was the most boring class out of all of the ones I had. Ned leans towards us and engages in a whispered conversation with Peter and I.

"How far can you shoot your webs?"

"It's unknown. Shut up."

"...to begin regulating..." The History teacher spoke.

"If I was you, I would stand on the edge of a building and just shoot it as far as I could-"

"Shut up, Ned." My voice rises a little in volume. The girl sitting in front of us turns around and shoots us an irritated glare. I give her a glare back and she stands down and looks back to the front. "I swear to Odin.." I mumble.

---

A small, old television is set up beside Coach Wilson, the PE teacher, who is standing with a bored expression. Captain America's Fitness Challenge is playing on the screen. Captain America, in his full uniform, smiles pleasantly, standing in a locker room.