+ Glowy Thing +

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me."

"Sorry that was actually my fault" I spoke sitting next to Peter as he fiddled with some sort of alien tech that came off the Vulture guy. Ned spots the glowing core, he sits on the other side of Peter.

"Oh, what is that?" Peter struggles to take it apart.

"I don't know. Some guy tried to vaporize Kara with it."

"Seriously?" Ned turned to look at me and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, no biggie though. I've dealt with worse!" I spoke as if it were nothing, Ned's eyes went wide I swear if we were in some cartoon there would be stars.

"Awesome!" Peter looks from Ned then to me, in a disapproving older brother way. "I mean, not awesome. Totally uncool of that guy. So scary." Ned corrects his statement.

"Well, look, I think it's a power source." Peter spoke, I looked at it and noticed that it was connected to a bunch of microprocessors.

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate." I spoke looking at the core more carefully.

"That's what I use to charge my toothbrush." Ned points at a complex-looking charging mechanism connected to various wires.

"Whoever's making these weapons is obviously combining alien tech with ours."

"That could be really dangerous if put in the wrong hands.." I mumbled, both of the boys looked at me. "Well I mean it's already happened so."

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you both for letting me be part of your journey into this amazing-" It seemed as if Peter wasn't listening to a word Ned was saying. I place a hand on his shoulder and see what he was thinking, I quickly look around before slamming my fist down on the core with my strength. The core pops out from its place, glowing. Peter, Ned, and I immediately look at the teacher. The teacher is reading a book, sitting in his chair. He does not even spare a glance at the commotion we are causing.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades." I let out a breath.  We all turn back and look at the core which popped out.

"I gotta figure out what this thing is and who makes it."

"We Peter, We gotta figure this out." I corrected.

"We'll go to the lab after class and run some tests." The core begins to glow on the table.

"Let's do it!" Then Peter and Ned share a complicated secret handshake. They look to me when they finish. "No way in hell am I ever gonna learn how to do all of that so how about a fist bump?" I smile and they nod as we all fist bumped. We grabbed our bags as the bell rang Peter now put his things in my bag, but he carried it. I never really carried anything anyways, I just wore it to make it look like I carried stuff. We were all walking down the hallway.

"First, I say we put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer."

"First, we gotta come up with a better name than "glowy thingy." "

"I think we can all agree on that one." I chuckled. I then see two men walk in, they seemed oddly familiar. I look over to see Peter spot them and freeze instantly.

"Crap." He muttered. He throws himself behind a wall, I quickly follow. Ned was standing there clueless as to why we hid behind the wall. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on." Peter whispered to Ned. Ned looks around, then shuffles across the corridor to join us by a classroom window. I look behind us, the chess club is peacefully playing a game. Peter peers around the corner.

"Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill us." Peter whispered.

"What?"

"Really? I'm gonna turn myself invisible for a second." They nod and I disappear out of their sight, I walk into the middle of the hallway to get a better look at them I then walked back and became visible again. "That is indeed the guys that were trying to kill us."

"We gotta get out of here." Ned whispered.

"No, no, no, no, no. I gotta follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that dropped us in the lake."

"I gotta agree with Peter on this one. This Vulture guy has weapons that could turn us into ash, I don't want any innocent bystanders to be hurt again."

"Someone dropped you guys in a lake?"

"Yeah, it was not good. Kara almost drowned."

"I did not!" I watch as the men enter a classroom. I stand in front of Peter, I wanted to lead this one.

"Kara-"

"No, you gotta stay here Ned. Peter you're with me." I sneak off following the guys I watched as Peter quietly followed behind me. I sneak down a staircase into the classroom we were just in. The two men are rummaging through the room.

"Can you imagine what the boss would say if he knew where we were?"

"It's saying there was an energy pulse right here." Peter slowly walks down the stairs and takes off the bag.

"There's no sign of the weapon. And even if it was here, now it's gone."

"So are we." The two men look in our direction. I quickly go invisible. An upside-down chair standing on the table shakes a little. Spotting the anomaly, One of the men gets closer, putting his hand on his gun. The other comes closer to where I stood, I look behind me and see one of the papers moving a little from my movement. He crosses the room and pauses in front of me, I held my breath. He then shook his head and the men head out. As soon as I knew they were gone I became visible again taking a deep breath.

"That was not cool.." I spoke in breaths. "But we need to track them."

"All ready done that."

"Really? When?"

"While you were panicking about him finding you I was able to put a tracker on one of the guys." He smiled.

"Nice going Pete!" I smiled as we high-fived. "Now let's find em." He nods.