47# Lost.

Chapter 47

Amber

I stood there shocked. What should I do now?

'If Edward knew, he- he'll kill him.' Sarah's voice kept replaying in my head. No one should see him. No one!

"The ice ball froze you or what?" Daniel chuckled bringing me back to reality. I tried to plaster the best smile while throwing it  at his face, but it wouldn't come out. How could I smile when this man is outside and could storm in anytime and ruin my whole life?

"Amber." He stood up, but I quickly came up with the first lie to came in my mind. If Daniel sensed something...

"Um- I'll get the champagne from inside-"

"But we're not drinking... why would you get it?" He frowned. He's right! I can tell that he knows that I'm hiding something.

"For them, and I'll get us anything else."

"I'll come with you-" He started, but I quickly cut him off.

"Daniel, stop. I'm not a child and I can carry a freaking bottle. Just stay here please! It'll be just a minute." I whined and he nodded slowly.

"Okay.." he breathed stepping out of my way. I walked past him quickly to avoid another question.

"Where did she go?" I heard Sarah asking him, but I continued walking without looking behind. They talked a bit, and then started laughing again. I took one glance behind my back to make sure that they're not watching me before approaching Derek.

"What are you doing here?!" I whispered in anger.

"Merry christmas. I just came to give you this and thank you for staying. Alexandra told me everything-" He extended his arm to give me a box.

"Listen, I don't want you in my life and I already told you that. Please, stay away-" Ignoring that stupid box.

"I can't-"

"Yes, you can! you left us for so long and you can always leave me live my life the way I want it. I don't want you and I don't want your presents nor your money. I'm not a child anymore... I'm pregnant for God's sake!" My voice came louder than I intended with my hands moving around as if I am a madwoman. He, on the other hand, stood there not replying, not moving... just like that!

"Leave, please." I begged as tears started spilling from my eyes. "Please." I breathed.

"I'll leave, but can I at least give you an awkward hug?" Before knowing what was I doing, I was actually between his arms crying.

"I'm sorry for everything." His voice quivered.

"It's too late," I whispered. "too late..."

The idea that he's my father keeps haunting me. I know that he hurt us more than anyone could imagine, but-

"Amber, What the hell is going on here?" Edwards voice boomed and I my heart fell in my stomach. I quickly broke away from the man and walked over to Ed not making eye contact.

"Ed-" I started, but he cut my off grabbing me harshly and pulling me by the elbow to his side.

"Your boyfriend is inside thinking that you're getting drinks and you're here hugging another man?! In his fucking house! And with a man twice your age-"

"Edward-" Derek started, but I quickly cut him off before he would say anything or Ed would see his face clearly.

"Please, leave." I whispered, but it was already done. Ed's hand fell from mine and his eyes widened.