46# On Cloud Nine?

Chapter 46
Amber

It's christmas, finally!! Yesterday, We had lunch and watched a movie. It was fun, but then I had to go to bed early to 'rest'. That's exactly what Daniel said and my parents agreed to. It's still annoying me, but I decided to let it go cause he was right, I really needed some sleep.

Ed and Sarah are on their way here and I'm helping Daniel with the cookies.

"You know I had that dream again." I smiled as my hands worked on making small balls of dough.

"Which dream?" He asked with a grin.

"You know, you and I dancing together something between rumba and tango then the audience appeared and started clapping for us."

"That again." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Why don't you come with me Daniel? It will be really perfect! Just think of it, we'll be together all the time!"

"Yeah babe, I know we'll be together and stuff, but that's not me. I'm a man... It's just not me..."

"Excuse me! Paul Taylor was a man, Gregory Hines was a man, and there are so many others. You have all the qualities needed; you're fit and flexible and strong handsome and you're Daniel." I smiled bumping my side to his just to tease him.

"I'll think about." He sighed with a smile sticking a ball of dough over my nose making me giggle.

"Thank you."

"Get me the chocolate chips now, my lady." He shooed.

"Sure, my man." I giggled reaching for the small bag and handing it back to him as we continued our work.

---------

"They're downstairs! Come on!" Daniel called after me.

"Yeah babe, I'll just get changed." I finished the cookies and the cake already, but then I was putting the christmas presents I bought by the tree.

"Uh- wait." He reached for a box under the bed and handed it to me.

"What is that?" I raised a brow.

"Just something. Open it." He shrugged and I smiled.

"But I thought I shouldn't open my present, now?"

"That's different. Just open it!" He urged and I sat on the edge of the bed reaching for the blue bow while he just stood by the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Open it!" He laughed at my hesitation.

"Nothing will pop out and scare me, right?" I asked and he burst out laughing.

"No babe, it's not a prank. Trust me." He said once again taking few steps in my direction. I untied the bow and opened the box to find the jean salopette that I said I wanted once and a red flower over it.

"Woaah!" I smiled taking it out of the box to find a striped blouse laying underneath. "Daniel," I smiled at him in adoration letting the clothes fall back to the box and stood up to hug him tightly with the flower in my hand. "thank you so much. I love you." I whispered as he rubbed my back.

"I love you more babe." He smiled pulling away. "Go, try it!" He winked and I immediately started changing.

"Tadaaa!" I smiled walking out of the bathroom.

"It looks amazing on you." Daniel smiled taking the flower in my hand and putting it in my hair. "It looks better that way." He grinned pecking my lips.