39# Don't Cry

Please read the A/N at the end. ↓↓

Chapter 39

Amber

I sat there watching Daniel as he slept peacefully. I didn't know what shall we do next. I kept telling him that it's okay, and that we'll sort it out, but I honestly had no solution.

I sighed slipping out of the bed, and walking down the stairs to find Delilah sitting on the couch hugging her knees, and Alan out of sight.

"Where is Alan?" I grumbled sitting on the chair across from her.

"I asked him to leave." She sniffled.

"Okay, stop crying. It's making everything worse." I sighed getting up, and walking to the kitchen, and she got up following me.

"How's Daniel?" She asked in a small voice as I poured a glass of water, and handed it to her.

"Depressed, but not because of you." I sighed pouring another glass of water for myself and taking a sip.

"What? How isn't it because of me?" She furrowed her brows slightly.

"He had a meeting today.." I started.

"Yeah? and he returned really early.."

"That's because they rejected him." I said and she gasped.

"You're joking, right?" She asked seriously.

"Does it look like I am?" I said in an annoyed tone. I didn't want to sound rude, but seriously I don't know how should I react to everything happening.

"I'm sorr-"

"Forget it. I'm just really tired." I sighed resting my elbows on the counter, and tugging at my hair.

"I just don't know what to do anymore. I am angry and shocked, but I can't express it or let it out because I don't want to break him more. I should stand by his side, but I don't know how to do it!" I cried out, and she gave my an apologetic look pulling me to a hug.

"I don't know what to say.." She mumbled.

"I'm tired of all the problems. Tell me what would we do, now? I'm pregnant! From where should we get money to raise this child? So many stupid questions, but I can't find answers!! And after all that... I have to remain calm for Daniel and the baby.." I burst out.

She just stood there not knowing what to say or do. I sighed loudly after few minutes of silence, and started filling the kettle to make tea for Daniel.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice this way, I know that you already have a lot in mind."

"It's okay, I knew that this was coming eventually. I'll make it." she said quickly reaching for the mug when she saw my shaky fingers.

"Why didn't you tell him?" I asked curiously.

"Because I was busy wishing that he'll be okay with it. Everyday Alan would tell me 'It's time to tell him.' but I would always tell him 'later.' I just lost allot, and my brother is the only one left for me." Her eyes watered as she said the last sentence.

"I'm sorry for that."

"Don't worry. I'm used to it." She smiled ignoring the tears in her eyes.

"I'll take it for him." She walked towards the stairs taking a deep breath.

----------

Daniel

I heard a faint knock on the door, and then Delilah stepped inside. I just woke up when I didn't feel Amber beside me, but I wasn't in the mood of getting up.