48# Cry With You

Chapter 48

Playlist:

1. Cry With You- Hunter Hayes

Daniel

"Sir Daniel." The doctor called and I got up. The girls were sleeping and Christina was praying along with Edward and George. Derek was pacing around and I was trying to hold myself from killing him right then and there.

"Yeah?" I got up and they crowded around me.

"The surgery is over and I can tell that everything is fine, now, but-"

"But what, doctor?" I took a step closer.

"Miss Amber broke down once she knew that we lost the child." She said sadly and I closed my eyes preparing myself for seeing Amber in that state.

"I'm really sorry for your loss, sir, but if I didn't do that, we could've lost both of them. I'm sorry." She sighed.

"I understand. Thank you for everything."

"It's just my job. Um- You have to sign some papers to get the baby's body. It should be buried cause-"

"I know. Can I see her, now?"

"Only you. She doesn't want to see anyone else, sorry. Room 1171." She apologized and I nodded turning to Alan.

"Alan, take them home. I don't want anyone to stay here."

"I have to see my daughter! I won't leave her."Christina cried.

"Please, you all have to leave. I'll call if we needed anything, but you heard the doctor. Amber is not ready to see any of you. You have to understand that we both lost our first child which is not easy and now, we need no one but each others." I sighed and they nodded.

"I'll take them and come back." Edward sighed helping Sarah up.

"You don't need to come back. If we need you, we'll call you." I spat turning to my heel and walking towards Ambers room.

---------

I opened the door peeking in. The nurse was hanging a small back of transparent liquid that was connected to Ambers arm. She was looking at the other side away from me.

The nurse finally got the hint and excused herself closing the door after her. I walked around the bed to be face to face with my girl whose face was wet with silent tears.

"Shh- we have to be strong. You promised me to be strong, right?" I whispered ignoring the lump in my throat as I wipped away her tears with my thumb.

She didn't reply though. Instead, she fell in my arms letting her silent cries turn to loud sobs. I closed my eyes feeling something rolling down my cheeks as I hugged her tightly.

"I lost him. I let him die." Her face was red from all the crying and I sighed getting on my feet to let her lie back down.

"Amber, I know that it's hard for you even more than it is for me, but please, be strong cause I need you so much. Stop crying, okay?"

"You're crying." She whimpered and I turned to the side rubbing the stupid tears away.

You have to be strong, Daniel. Get your shit together for her.

"Oh shit- I'm not anymore. I'm so happy that you're here for me. We still have each others." I smiled faintly brushing her hair off her forehead to kiss it. "you have to get some sleep. We're going to leave tomorrow."

"Don't leave me." She begged holding my hand so tight that her knuckles turned white and my hand hurt!

"I won't. Just let me take off these stupid shoes, yeah?" I smiled at her and she nodded slowly letting go with few tears rolling down her cheeks.