36# Safe and Sound

chapter 36

Playlist:

Safe and Sound- Taylor Swift. 

Daniel.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. Too much was going through my mind. Since we're back together, I think I should get a house for us. I don't know what will Amber think of this idea, though. I also don't want to take from her time of studying now. Her exams are very soon, and I know that she wasn't doing her best the past weeks because of me and all the drama.

And the other thing that kept me up was Delilah. I don't know if I could trust her. Alan is my friend and I love him, but not with Delilah. He can't be with my sister. I know Alan more than anyone else. He's a good friend, but when it comes to girls, I can't trust him one bit.

The was they were stuttering worried me. And the fact that they became really good friends out of the blue is a bit strange.

"Uhm-mm." Amber's voice dragged my attention. Her eyes finally opened and she frowned trying to adjust the light.

"How did I sleep here? What happened?" Her eyes widened.

"You slept in the car, and I didn't want to wake you up. Good morning." I smiled leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"Morning." She closed her eyes.

"What time is it, now?" She asked.

"Um- seven."

"Why are you awake this early on a Sunday morning?" She furrowed her brows.

"I didn't sleep because- I'd rather watch that beautiful face." I smiled pushing a stand of her hair out of her face.

"You were watching me sleeping?" She narrowed her eyes playfully.

"Uhuh- You and my baby." I smiled

"I miss you so much." Her eyes watered as she opened her arms to hug me.

"Don't cry please." I pleaded rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry for everything." She cried.

"Shh- I already forgot everything. No more tears. We're back together and nothing else matters, right?" I felt like I was talking to a child.

"Those were the worst days of my life. Every word I said was forced, and before coming out of my mouth, it sliced through my heart."

"Past is past, Amber. Don't think about that again. It's all over, and I'm here next to you." I wiped her fresh tears as she nodded taking a deep breath.

"I love you."

"I love you."

-------------

Few days later..

Amber

Finally everything is going well. Nothing much actually happened except that we're searching for a new home, and just studying for my exams. Did I tell you that they're over? Well, they are. Wohooo!!

The baby's health is great, and I'm alright. Daniel is making his best to make me comfortable, and I can't be more grateful.

He just never stopped bugging me about my exams saying, "You have to study because I won't handle anyone saying that you're not doing well because I'm taking from your time."

As much as I say that he's bugging me, I must say that deep down I love how he cares about me. Maybe when mum finds my GPA reaching 4.0, she'd stop judging Daniel.