53# Robin

Chapter 53
Amber

It's been a month since we started preparing for our wedding. I'm super excited yet so nervous. It's just that the day I've been dreaming of all my life is coming nearer and nearer.

Everything changed this past month. Daniel started working as a receptionist and he's enjoying his time there. We're training everyday and Sir Brown watches us dancing every now and then to tell us notes and things to take care of.

My day became very crowded between Uni, Daniel, dancing and most of all the gym. I am turning back to shape, but I still need to lose 5 pounds. Pregnancy ruined my whole figure and I'm doing my best to look good in my wedding gown.

"You're going home?" Leo asked as we walked out of class.

"Yeah, today I'm free since I went to the gym before coming. Need anything?" I smiled.

"Can you drop me off on your way cause my car is still with the mechanic?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure." I nodded openning my car and getting in, and he did the same.

"How are things with your girl? Caroline was her name, right?" I smiled fastening the seatbelt.

"Yeah, Caroline is her name. We're good." He smiled nodding.

After few seconds of silence, he turned to me. "How's your friend, Robin?"

"I'm so mad at him. I don't even want to talk to him."

"Oh- and why is that?" He frowned.

"He just left out of the blue without even saying goodbye. I just knew by chance that he travelled to Greece with his mother even though we were best friends, or so I thought! But I guess I'm not worth taking from his time cause everytime I call him, he never answers." I rolled my eyes in anger.

"Oh.. That's annoying, but I'm sure he has his reasons. Don't jump to conclusions, Amber. That's not right."

"He's not answering my freaking calls!!"

"Okay, calm down. Our little bride must relax- aye?"

"Yeah, okay." I sighed with a small smile as I parked my car in front of the building where he lives.

"Thank you." He smiled getting out of the car.

"Anytime." I waved my hand driving once again, but this time to my home.

------

"Hey!" I smiled at the postman as I got out of the car.

"Hey, ma'am. You're miss Amber George?" He questioned approaching me.

"Yes, that's me." I nodded politely.

"This letter is for you. Please sign here that you received it." He smiled handing me the letter and a pen.

"Thank you." I smiled returning his pen.

Once he left, I sat on the swing in our garden to read that mysterious letter.
My dearest Amber,
I know that you're mad at me for moving away without telling you, but it was so hard for me to watch you slipping between my fingers like snow in a heated summer.
Amber, I think that it's time to confess my love for you. I know that you never loved me and never will love me the way I do.
You call me you 'brother', but I'm not. I love you in a different way, Amber, and that's so hard for me.
The most painful love there is, is the love left unshown.  A love that cannot be expressed, affection left unknown. The love that withholds touching, afraid of what it would say, and the most painful thing about unexpressed love is, it never fades away.
I tried to forget you in every way possible, but I couldn't. You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel.
When you first met him, everything changed. I felt your absence. It was like waking up one day with no teeth in my mouth. I didn't need to run to the mirror to know they were gone... that you were long gone...
I know that these words won't change anything. He's your man not me, and he's the only one who can make you smile real big not me.
I wished that I would be the one to win your heart, but I lost my battle, and all I could do now is to wish you a perfect life with Daniel.
This letter wouldn't change anything. In fact, A million words wouldn't get you back, I know because I tried. Neither would a million tears, I know because I've cried...
Always smile and be happy cause you're beautiful, alright? I swear you're the most beautiful girl I'll ever meet. I love you... please don't for get this.
                                          Sincerely,
                                            Robin.