44# The New Kingdom!

Chapter 44

Amber

A week passed, and I left the hospital not taking a glance back. I left him behind my back once I knew that he woke up from his coma.

My father, Derek, turned back to life, but I left it... forever. I left his life because simply- I didn't want to hate him more than this. When they told me that he woke up, I got a very strange feeling- not happiness, not sadness and not anger... it was panic.

Panic that he would ruin what I've been building all these years. I was scared of him, and I must admit that I was a coward cause I didn't face him or maybe... I was not? Maybe running away was the best decision especially- especially that I have to keep all my attention on my new home, new family and new life.

The hard question was... should I forgive him? After all what he did to me and my family?

And the answer was...yes.

You may think I'm crazy, but think again cause I'm not, and if you're still doubting that, then let me tell you what is forgiveness.

Forgiveness is the capacity to reclaim our peace of mind when something has happened to disturb us. As we go through life it is inevitable that we are going to hurt one another. In fact, as our world becomes more complex and interconnected, the opportunities for conflict increase. We have the choice wether to respond to these hurts and conflicts with anger and bitterness, or with forgiveness.

And I chose the second one, and before yelling at me for being so stupid, I want to tell you... I forgive, yes, but I never forget.

Forgiving is not the same as forgetting. It does not mean that we gloss over the harm that has taken place, or pretend that it never happened. I have to assure you that it doesn't mean that at all.

Forgiving is like screaming with all your might and saying, "I'm strong. You won't break me."

Forgiving was refusing to let him ruin and destroy me. Forgiving doesn't mean that I lost the fight, it means that I won the first rank in the race, the race of life...

I sighed softly closing my notebook and pen. Yeah, I write this down. Since when? Umm- I don't actually remember, but that was usually a way to think positive without having to visit a therapist.

"Amber, let's go." Daniel smiled storming in the room.

Today, we're going to move to our new house, finally!

He has been working on it along with Alan while I stayed here because I had to rest. Thanks to you master son!

---------

"Come in" he sang songed swinging the door open. The joy on his face didn't seem to fade for a second. Guess I was the same actually cause my face muscles seemed to ache more than my stomach.

"Ooh! You and Alan worked really good." I smiled as I stepped in taking glances on paited walls.

"Just really good?" I could hear the smile in his voice as he wrapped his arms around my tummy and leaned in making his breath tickle my ear.

"Yeah... I mean if you let me help you, it would've been better." I teased as I turned to face him feeling his breath on my lips. It felt good, but it could've been better if the pain subsided a bit. Looks like master son is gunna cut the moments from now.

"Didn't I tell you before I have that sense of drawing. I would've drawn everywhere." I smirked.

"Ahh Mrs. Artie Smartie." He chuckled pecking my lips.