66# Sirens

Chapter 66
Playlist:
Sirens- Tom Odell
Nature Boy- (Katie Ro's cover)
I Dreamed A Dream- Les Misérables (Katie Ro's cover)
Amber
"Are you sure you want to do this?" I sighed caressing his cheek.
"Yes, I'm sure." He nodded impatiently.
"Two minutes!" Sir Brown yelled.
"Are you feeling okay?" Ignoring Sir Brown's voice.
"Yes, Amber." He rolled his eyes.
"One minute." He rushed to us.
"Daniel, you'll get on stage, now." He gave him a pat on the shoulder, and both of them rushed away towards the backstage, and, of course, I followed them.
I could see Grace, Delilah and Alan on the first row watching us with amusement.
"Amber! Go!" He instructed, and I got on stage walking in circles on my tip toes till I reached Daniel.
Our fingers intertwined, and we moved very quickly that I felt like flying. Only Daniel can make me feel like that.
Picking me up, he flipped me in the air a couple of times before my feet touched the stage floor again. When I looked at his face, he was so pale, and his breaths were quick and shallow.
"Daniel," I whispered stopping our movements.
Holding his chest, he closed his eyes for a second. "Daniel, open your eyes." I held his face.
When he opened them, his eyes rolled back, and he fell between my arms.
"Daniel!" I screamed, and the music stopped. Everyone stood up in shock as I kneeled by his side on the stage.
"Daniel, can you hear me?" I sobbed holding his hand.
"Amber, move." Sir Brown yelled as the paramedics carried him on a stretcher.
The curtains closed...
----------
"His hear beats are irregular." One of the paramedics told doctor John.
"Make him a Chest X-ray, blood test immediatly! I want him attatched to electrodes to see his heart activity!" He yelled.
Not even looking at me, he ran to another room.
"Why did this happen?" Delilah yelled!
"I don't know anything." I sobbed falling on a chair.
"Mummy, daddy will be okay, right?" Grace walked over to me.
"Your father will be okay, darling." I nodded desperately pulling her up to sit on my lap.
"Miss Amber, doctor John wants to see you." A nurse approached me.
"I must come!" Delilah interfered.
"Sorry, ma'am. Doctor John said that he needed Miss Amber for a private talk." She apologized.
"He's my brother!" She yelled.
"Delilah! Calm down." Alan screamed forcing her to sit on a chair.
"Take care of Grace." I mumbled following the nurse inside.
"Here," she smiled pushing the door open, but I was too tired to even return it.
"What happened?" I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.
"I want to know from you." Doctor John sighed looking through some files. "The news aren't good in any way." He groaned pushing the files away.
"We were performing on stage, amd out of the blue, he started coughing and turned pale then he fell." My eyes watered.
"I thought I said that he must rest!" He yelled.
"I tried to forbid him, but he was stronger than me." A tear skipped from my eye.
Before he could reply, a nurse stepped in with a file in her hand.
"These are the results, doctor."
"Thank you." He nodded.
Before she could step out, another doctor rushed in.
"John, patient number 347 is having a heart failure!" She said quickly, and he got up rushing after her.
Running after them quickly, I saw them rushing into Daniel's room.
"Let me in, please." I sobbed begging the nurse.
"I can't, ma'am." She shook her head standing in front of the door.
I could see them using the IDC on him sending waves of electricity through his body. His body flies off the bed for seconds then falls again. They repeat the drill three times before the straight line on the monitor moves to waves again.
--------
"There's no time to blame ourselves for what is happening to Daniel. I won't lie to you, his state is getting worse everyday. I assigned
angiotensin II receptor blockers and aldosterone antagonists. These are two effective medecines that I have to try on him. We will wait for three days, if his state didn't get any better, we have to announce that we need a heart donor."
"A heart donor?" I furrowed my brows.
"Yeah, it's hard to find one, but we have no choice." He shook his head.
"But- no one will donate his heart for another person! It's the heart-"
"We take it from someone who just made an accident. Some people make accidents and their brains stop functioning. If that happened, then that person is technically dead, but his heart is still functionning, so- if his family agreed, we take his heart after making a number of test to make sure that the body won't form anti-bodies against it."
"It's like a miracle." I shook my head.
"We have no choice, but to wait for a miracle." He sighed.
"B-but, what if we didn't find any?" I whispered.
"We might lose him." He closed his eyes for a second before openning them again. "I will do my best." He promised.
Closing my lips into thin line, I stayed silent as tears fell from my eyes like waterfalls.
"Miss Amber-" he started, but I quickly raised my hand to silence him.
"He can't die." My voice shook as I talked. "If something happened to him, I will die."
"Let's be positive. I was just telling you the worst thing that could happen. Again, I will do my best." He promised.
"Will he stay in the intensive care?"
"Yeah, I want to watch him, so let's keep him there for the next 48 hours." "Okay... thanks, doctor." I sighed standing up slowly.
"You're welcome. I'll be here all the time to watch him, so if you need anything, just ask me." He smiled faintly, and I nodded walking out.
"Mummy, I want to see daddy." Grace tugged on my skirt one she saw me.
"Dad is sleeping now, baby." I sighed caressing her cheek.
"Why are we here? Can't he sleep at home?" She whined.
"Grace, stop whining, please. We will discuss that later, okay?!" I groaned, and she nodded taken aback by my sharp answer.
"What happened?" Paul asked.
"Where is Delilah and Alan?"
"He took her to the cafeteria. Tell me what happened, Amber." He ordered.
When did he come?
Who told him?
"Daniel is so sick..." I whispered hugging him tightly and crying on his shoulder.
---------
We were sitting outside the intensive care room waiting for any news. Sir Brown, Ruth, Harry and all our friends from the dancing school just left this morninf to change their clothes and rest as they didn't get any sleep for a couple of days now, so it was just Paul, Alan, Delilah, Grace and I.
"Sir Daniel woke up, and doctor John said that you can see him, but just for a few minutes." A cute nurse smiled.
"You go first, Amber." Paul smiled taking the sleeping Grace from my arms.
"Delilah, you can go first." I whispered to her.
"I will wait here." She ressured, and I nodded following the nurse to his room.
"Amber," he whispered quietly.
"How are you feeling?" I asked softly running my fingers through his hair.
"I'm perfectly fine, now." He gave me a small tired smile.
"What's wrong?" His smile dropped when he noticed my expression.
"Grace just kept whining, and-"
"Amber, what's wrong?" He repeated looking straight through my eyes.
Standing still for a few moments, I tried to think for another lie, but I knew that he would know that I was lying, so I just dropped on my knees next to his bed closing my eyes tightly. "What did the doctor tell you?" He whispered.
"You have to stay here for some days. I..." I trailed off not knowing how to continue.
"I am sorry for ruining your day. I know that you were very excited for this performance, and I- I ruined it all. Please forgive me."
"Just promise me to get better. I need you." I whispered kissing his palm.
"Where's my ring?" His eyes widened.
"They had to remove it when you were in the intensive care." I whispered.
"I want it."
"Daniel, you can't wear any type of metal, now. There are more serious things to think of-"
"Miss Amber, sir Daniel must rest." The nurse stepped in cutting me off.
"I need her here." Daniel protested holding my hand tightly.
"I'll wait outside. If you need anything just tell them to call me." I whispered kissing his forehead before pulling away from him.
"This thing is bothering me." He told the nurse motionning for the cannulae in his hand.
"I'll change it, now." She nodded removing it cautiously from his hand as I walked out closing the door behind me.
"Miss Amber, come with me." Doctor John told me walking towards his office.
The bags under his eyes made it clear that he, just like me and everyone else, didn't get any sleep for the past two days.
"The three days passed," I started as we stepped into his office.
"Yeah, about that... we have a long discussion." He sighed sitting in front of me.
-----------