32# So close yet so far :(

Chapter 32

Amber

"Amber wake up. It's nearly noon." I felt a light hand rubbing me shoulder slightly.

"Just 5 more minutes, Dani. I'm really tired babe." I groaned turning around.

"I'm Edward." My eyes fluttered to meet Ed who was rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Leave me alone." I said quickly stuffing mt face in the pillow from embaressment.

"C'mon Amber. It's okay. I made you your coffee. Let's just sit together." He tried to cheer me up, but his attempts were futile. My mind is with Daniel and I can't stop thinking about him. How is he? What is he doing? Where is he now? And what will be his decision? Can he really leave me and move in with his life letting me suffer? He won't do that, right? It has been a week since Ed gave him the two options and today... he's going to tell us his decision.

"C'mon Amber. You can't stay sleeping all day." He pulled me to his chest slowly letting me cry on his shoulder.

"I'm afraid." I cried.

"Don't be. I won't leave before making sure that everything is settled here. It'll be okay. I promise." He smiled pulling me away from his chest.

"I don't want to get up. Let's sit here." I pouted rubbing away my tears.

"Okay, let's make the breakfast to eat before drinking coffee then we will stay here all day long."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Go get cleaned up till I make breakfast." He said again and I just nodded walking grumbly to the bathroom.

Everything reminds me of Daniel. Everywhere I find him laughing or hugging me or even us fighting. Say that I am sick, but I missed how we used to fight from how jealous and over protective he becomes. I missed how he would hold my hand tightly as we pass by a guy and how he would kiss me on the forehead whenever I am sad or depressed.

Yeah, he has anger issues and is very short tempered, but he is still Daniel. My Daniel that I will love no matter what till the day I die.

I let out a heavy sigh as I walked to the kitchen.

"Oh how I missed that smell." I smiled at the smell of coffee. Edward just chuckled.

"No coffee till after breakfast." He warned.

"Yes sir." I sat on the table waiting for him.

"C'mon I'm hungry." I whined as he started to clean the counter.

"Hungry or can't wait to drink the coffee?"

"Well, the second one. Now come." I huffed.

"Okay start." He smiled sitting down across from me. I immediately started digging in my plate.

"How is Sarah?" I tried to start a conversation.

"She's good. I just called her before waking you up. She's just tired from the lack of sleep."

"You shouldn't have left her alone." I sighed.

"She wanted to stay with her mother ya know." He shrugged.

"How's the baby?"

"He's beautiful Amber. Last time she made the ultrasound, the doctor let us hear the sound of his heartbeats and ohh I can't describe the feeling. It's overwhelming."

"And how is Alaska reacting to the whole thing?" I swallowed.

"She was not okay at first. Like when we told her that she's gunna get a brother, she ran to her room and started crying her eyes out thinking that we won't love her as before and shit. All the children react this way at first."