64# News

Chapter 64
Amber
"Sir Daniel, please go with the nurse to take a blood sample to make the analysis." Doctor John forced a smile.
"When are we going to finish?" Daniel rolled his eyes.
"We're about to finish everything." Doctor John replied as I looked away from Daniel.
I am really mad at him. Since when do we lie to each others? Lying is unacceptable in our relationship even if it's about a simple thing. Lying is lying; there's no such thing called a white lie.
"I need to talk to you privately." Doctor John sighed once they stepped out of the room.
"There's nothing bad, right?" I asked impatiently.
"Unfortunately, there is. I already warned you from not taking care of everything."
"I'm doing my best!"
"First, it looks like he's back to boxing."
"He's not. I'm sure of that." I replied confidently.
"Well it looks like he does. There is a terrible collapse in his health. This is not what we agreed on! Actually if you had waited for one more month, he would not be able to stand on his feet or maybe his state would be worse than that!"
"Worse?" My eyes watered.
"Yes, worse." He nodded.
"B-but he doesn't train boxing anymore, and I make sure that he makes his check up every year. I know that we're two months late, but-"
"I didn't see him for three years. What check up are you talking about?" He narrowed his eyes.
"What are you saying?" Tears fell from my eyes as I heard that.
"I am saying that if Daniel is committing suicide this way. I don't know if you're late, but we will do our best to help him." He sighed. "You have to help us."
"I-" I was cut off by Daniel entering the room.
"What's wrong?" He frowned as wiped my tears.
"Daniel, sit down please." Doctor John motioned for him to sit. "Your state is getting worse, and you need to care about your life more." He sighed making Daniel turn to me.
"I'll wait outside, please. You have my number if there's anything urgent, doctor. Excuse me." I snifled walking out of the room.
Seconds later, Daniel followed me out.
"Wait, Amber." He held my arm stopping me.
"Why are you doing that? I trusted you!" I sobbed as he pulled me to his chest letting me cry as much as I want.
"Baby, he's exaggerating!" He argued.
"From now on, you'll listen to me, do you hear me?!" I glared at him through my tears.
"Will you just calm down?" He sighed cupping my cheeks.
"Don't touch me." I shook my head slapping his hand away.
"Wait!" He yelled running after me to the car.
"Few questions that I need answers to." I took a deep breath wiping away my tears. "Are you back to boxing?"
"No."
"Do you go to any gym?"
"Yes." he sighed as I turned to look at him with wide eyes.
"Since when?"
"About two or three years ago."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I knew that you'd freak out. Just like now!" He pointed out.
"One question is left." I sniffled. "Don't you regret getting married to me? I mean do you really love me?"
"Of course, I do. Are you seriously doubting that?" He narrowed his eyes.
"You lied once. You can do it again." I shook my head turning the key in ignition.
"You're over reactin-"
"Will you shut up?" I raised my voice turning to him as he just turned his head to the side to look out of the window.
Once I stopped the car, I hopped out of it not looking back.
"Sorry for being late." I smiled faintly at Delilah.
"It's okay." She shrugged looking at Daniel with a frown.
"What's wrong?" I heard her asking him as I walked towards the living room where Grace's giggles came from.
"Hey, guys." I smiled at Paul, Alan who were chatting and Jack who was playing with Grace.
"How are you?" Alan smiled hugging me tightly.
How am I?
"I'm good." I nodded taking a seat next to Jack.
"Mummy!" Grace giggled jumping on me.
"Please Grace, mama is tired." I sighed earning a frown from her.
"I want to play!"
"Play with me, then?" Jack smiled openning his arms for her as Daniel and Delilah stepped into the room.
"Since you're all here, I will prepare the table." Delilah smiled.
"Where's Clara?" I turned to Paul.
"She was feeling a bit tired." He sighed.
I nodded before standing up to walk past Daniel and out of the whole room.
"Do you need help?" I asked Delilah as I stepped into the kitchen.
"No," She shook her head. "You look very tired, though. What's wrong?" She turned to me as tears welled up in my eyes.
"Amber, what's wrong?" She whispered pulling me into a hug.
"I.."
"Amber," Daniel's voice startled me. "Everything has a solution, okay?" His eyes were begging me to stay silent. I can read them.
"I want to go home." I mumbled pushing his hand away from me.
"At least wait till after dinner!" Delilah protested.
"I'm sorry Delilah, but I am really tired." I turned to Daniel, "You can stay."
"You know that I won't." He frowned. I just shook my head before going back to the living room.
"I'm sorry guys, but I need to go back home."
"You just came in!" Alan protested.
"She's really tired, Alan." Daniel jumped in the conversation.
"I want to stay!" Grace protested standing on the sofa.
"I'm waiting in the car." I sighed walking out.
About 10 minutes later, Daniel walked out carrying Grace.
"You won't drive?" He asked when he saw me sitting in the passenger's seat.
"No." was the only thing I said.
---------
"Where's Grace?" I asked as I was washing the dishes. I've been cleaning the whole house since we returned just to keep myself occupied.
"I took her to bed." Daniel replied quietly leaning against the wall.
When I didn't reply, he sat down and tugged my arm to sit on his lap.
"Daniel, leave me alone please." I groaned trying to stand up, but he held my hand tightly.
"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"About what?" I turned to look at him.
"For pressuring you too much."
"Not for lying to me?"
"Yeah, for that too." He agreed.
"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you." I shook my head.
"Amber please-"
"Daniel, I'm such a terrible wife. I'm sorry." I covered my face as I cried.
"You're not." He shook his head pulling my hands away from my face.
"Yes, I am. I should've looked after you, and accompanied you to the hospital. I should've taken care of your health more than this. You're been lying because you're a stupid piece of shit, but I didn't find out because I'm a shitty wife! It's all my fault!"
"Stop blaming yourself, Amber!"
"Daniel, I'm nothing without you. Please take care of yourself." I slipped from his lap and kneeled on the floor in front of him.
"Stop that!" He raised his voice holding me up by my arm. "Stop blaming yourself, and stop being so weak! That's not the Amber I know! You're talking as if I am going to die tomorrow. What's wrong with you?!" He yelled.
"I am sorry. I just can't control my emotions." I sobbed hugging him tightly.
"I am perfectly fine, and the doctor is just exagerating! They all do that. I don't box anymore, I just workout to stay fit and healthy! Where's the problem?"
"The problem is that your heart muscles were already weak, and you added too much pressure on them while working out. The problem wouldn't have been so big if you just went to the gym twice a month pr even for an hour everyday! But you never think about the consequences. I honestly don't know if I am mad or depressed. I just love you too much that I want to slap you with all my force to wake you up then hug you tightly and cry on your shoulder." I sobbed shaking my head.
"If that will help you, do it." He closed his eyes waiting for me to slap him.
I stood silent for a moment before wrapping my arms around him.
"We will get through this together. We can do it, I promise." I whispered running my fingers though his hair.
I'll do anything to make sure that he's okay.
I promise.