Chapter XVII: Lord Arthur Jurener

Hi everyone! It's mid-week again, and here's the newest chapter of "The Terror of Losing Lucy Heartfilia", tell me what you think of it okay? I now rededicate this piece of work to Nightgazer...please comment, vote and might as well add to your libraries or lists if you want okay? Well then everone, enjoy reading please!! Thanks a lot...^_~

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

__________________________________________________________________________

“My Lord, Milady Lucy Heartfilia is here”, Minora announced. Minora opened the door holding it out for Lucy to enter.

Lucy gulped as they stand outside the large door which was guarded by two men in armour from the outside, ready to open it once they get the order.

Lucy’s POV

This is it. I really wasn’t looking forward into meeting their so-called “Lord”, but I decided to let them take me. I just hope Natsu and the others are alright. It won’t be long before they follow me here. What should I do? I’m feeling quite frightened for this. From my experiences, this one might turn out the same thing. Every time it’s like this, I ended up with freaky-looking men. I hope he’s not old and perverted like those creeps. (Insert the flashbacks of the Vulcan, the bandits and Dan ^_^) Man, my sex appeal just sucks at this.

End of POV

The sound of the creaking door snapped Lucy from her reverie as she looks up and saw the door being opened by the guards. It was bright inside and it took a minute before Lucy’s eyes can adjust to the brightness as she walked inside led by Minora. She saw Tidus standing beside the table. There was a man sitting on the chair with his back opposing theirs. The man stood up showing his brown-colored mane, a cape surrounding his shoulders and Lucy’s heart thumped faster as she waited for the man to look back.

“Tidus, Minora, leave us be”, the man commanded the two still his back facing Lucy. As if on cue, Tidus and Minora excused themselves and left Lucy and the man alone in the room. “It’s been a long time hasn’t it? Lucy Heartfilia?”, the man hoarsely said as he turned to look at Lucy. Lucy’s heart beat faster as she recognized the man who was in the line of age 24. His face shone handsomely as his teeth showed his happiness to welcome Lucy.

“Y…you are….” Lucy started with shock and confusion in her face but…..”Kyaaah!!! He’s handsome! You did it now Lucy! But wait, how does he know me? I don’t remember seeing or meeting him before but nonetheless, he’s dreamy!”, Lucy mentally shrieked in satisfaction; a part of her was happy this guys isn’t a freak like the others.

“Forgive me, you may not remember but, I am Arthur Nero Jurener and I’m…”, Arthur began.

“Jurener? You mean…..”, Lucy interrupted with a shock built up in her face. Now she mentally slapped herself for daydreaming about him. “Nero?”, Lucy said in her thoughts.

“Yes, I’m Arthur”, Arthur said.

“So it’s you!”, Lucy snapped in realization walking nearer to Arthur. At the same time, Arthur is doing the same; each exchange of conversation, a step towards each other.

“Yes it is me. You finally remembered!”, Arthur shouted with glee nearly a feet away from Lucy.

“Of course I do but…”, Lucy replied with a confused face, eyes diverting in the other way as if she’s reminiscing something.

“I’m glad you remembered, I’m…”, Arthur was about to enclose Lucy to a hug as he smiled when…

“Ah! I remember now! You’re the reason Fairy Tail was attacked by Phantom almost a year ago! Or was it 7 to 8 years? Anyway, you’re the reason why my father wants me home! You’re the Jurener’s son whom I was supposed to be betrothed!”, Lucy backed off instantly when she realized the guy.

“Eh?”, Arthur made a confused face, his hands stopped mid-way from hugging Lucy. “And I actually thought she remembered!”, Arthur mentally slapped himself from the misunderstanding of their conversation.

“It’s you right? What do you want this time? I clearly remember Father told me he cancelled that arrangement, so why did you abducted me? Don’t tell me you still want that to continue that’s why you kidnapped me from the guild! If it’s just because you wanted my…my…..”, Lucy made a disgusted face and resume from backing away while holding her chest in a way like a pervert is approaching her. “Kyaaah! You can’t! You definitely can’t!”, Lucy shrieked.

“No, well I mean yes. I mean no! Wait….it’s a Yes and a No! Hear me out first!”, Arthur panicked as he stumbled in his choice of words to try and make Lucy listen to him while gesturing his hands up and down in a funny manner.

“Alright what’s the yes and what’s the no?”, Lucy said as she lay her hands down and waited for the young Jurener to answer.

“Maybe we had a slight misunderstanding about our conversation earlier. It is true that I was supposed to be betrothed to you seven years ago. The deal was cancelled, that is true but I didn’t agree to it, well at first I did, but I swear I sent a letter to Master Jude to re-arrange the marriage for some personal reasons but somehow I don’t understand why he did not reply for two months”, Arthur explained.

 “So, what happened after that?”, Lucy asked.

“I quitted my previous guild and asked Tidus to see Master Jude personally but the mansion was left out and Master Jude was nowhere in sight”, Arthur continued and anger was starting to show in his face.

“Well that’s because our family’s wealth was confiscated and Father was kicked out of the house”, Lucy mentally answered. “If that’s the case, why didn’t you just look for him?”, Lucy asked.

“I didn’t look for him; I focused on looking for you; the daughter of the Heartfilia Konzern who ran away from home and joined a guild for cheap and dangerous jobs. That profile didn’t help much though for you concealed your identity from anyone aside from your guild; that is, until I heard news about a crusade from Zentopia who are looking for you”, Arthur said.

“Why are you looking for me anyway? There are so much more wealthy girls out there who are a better choice than me. And if you haven’t heard, our family’s wealth was confiscated and I’m not Lucky Lucy of the Heartfilias anymore! I am just a normal wizard now, I’m just Lucy of Fairy Tail”, Lucy pointed out.

“You really don’t remember huh?”, Arthur stated his hands dropped low at his sides.

“What?”, Lucy asked in confusion.

“That doesn’t matter; you’ll have lots of time to reminisce in this place. I’ll see you in the evening. For the meantime I hope you enjoy your stay here. Minora!”, Arthur shouted. The petite young woman entered the large doors.

“You called, my Lord?”, asked Minora while bowing her head.

“Accompany Lady Lucy to her room, and make sure she doesn’t escape. That is all, you may leave”, Arthur ordered.

“Yes my Lord, Milady, come with me”, Minora then took Lucy’s arm. Lucy hesitantly moved from her spot. She still wants to ask him something but she saw that Arthur was eager for her to leave as he turned to the window yet again. Minora tightened her hold on Lucy’s hand and Lucy looked at Minora’s waiting eyes, she nodded and let the younger lass escort her out the room.

“You should follow your heart more you know”, a sweet gentle voice echoed in Arthur’s mind. A smile formed in the young lad’s lips.