Chapter VII: Distractions

“Rahhhhhh, stop right there!”, Natsu growled at Tidus as they follow him on the streets of Magnolia.

“Hahaha little Dragon, asking help from a cat to fly?”, Tidus mocked. Natsu made an irritated face.

“Happy is my friend, not a transportation!”, Natsu snarled.

“Whatever!”, Tidus said.

“Happy speed up!”, Natsu ordered.

“Aye sir!”, Happy announced. His wings glowed and adjusted his speed. They were able to catch up with Tidus.

“Take this!”, Natsu punched and Tidus dodged it but it made him stop from going further. “What do you want with Lucy?”

“I am not obliged to tell you”, Tidus said.

“Then I’ll just make you spill it out!”, Natsu launched an attack to Tidus. “Roar of the Fire Dragon!”, Natsu roared and flames shoot from his mouth.

“Not good enough”, Tidus put one of his hands in front with a magic circle and stopped Natsu’s roar before it reached him.

“Oh yeah? Fire Dragon’s Claw!”, Natsu attacked him once again. Tidus seems like he’s just playing with Natsu. Natsu’s attacks weren’t even hitting him.

“Natsu!”, Happy shouted when Natsu was hit by Tidus’ attack.

“What?”, Natsu asked confused. He didn’t even see him move from his position. All Tidus did is gesture his arms.

“I would call that, Silent Punch”, Tidus laughed.

“This isn’t good, Happy, go to Lucy, make sure she’s safe”, Natsu ordered Happy. Happy, as if on cue, flew fast upon hearing Natsu’s request. “I’m counting on you”

“Looks like the kitten flew. This is not really entertaining. Minora!”, Tidus said and Minora appeared in front of him all of a sudden.

“You called?”, Minora asked. Blood is still visible from her clothes.

“Looks like you got some troubles with the fairies huh?”, Tidus smirked.

“I barely let my guard down that’s all. They won’t be interrupting for a while”, Minora said.

“What? That can’t be true. Erza and the others are not that weak!”, Natsu said.

“Minora, I’ll be leaving him to you”, Tidus said and started to leave.

“Wait up!”, Natsu shouted, only to be hindered by Minora.

“Oops, you’re not going anywhere, Dragon Fairy”, Minora said smiling at her new prey.

“Lucy. Happy”, Natsu said worriedly.

Meanwhile

“Ahhhh nothing like a fresh bath at night”, Lucy said coming out of the bathroom. She was dressed with her usual clothes making her way to the room.

“Lucy!”, Happy barged in from the window.

“Ha-Happy?”, Lucy said surprisingly. “What is it? Is Natsu with you?”

“Lucy let’s hurry! Someone wants you! We have to get out of here!”, Happy said, taking Lucy by her clothes and was prepared to fly.

“Stop right there”, Tidus was sitting by the window like an ape, smiling at the two who were about to get out the window.

“Who are you?”, Lucy asked. Happy was hesitant from what he’s going to do. Natsu entrusted him of protecting Lucy and seeing this guy earlier, even Lucy and him doesn’t stand a chance.

“I’ve found you, Lucy Heartfilia”, Tidus smirked and then launched towards Lucy and Happy.

And then, the fight began.