Chapter XVI: Something Missing

Here's the latest chapter and I rededicate this to Miss HippityHoppityAzure for her non-stop support....thanks!!! Please enjoy reading. Comments and votes are welcomed, tell me your reactions please....^_^

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

__________________________________________________________________________

“How much longer? Aawrhp", Natsu groaned. He woke up two hours after Erza smacked him to sleep.

“Oh man, Erza, perhaps another punch will do?”, Gray said as Natsu starts getting on his nerve.

“Sorry, Troia doesn’t seem to work on you right now”, Wendy said apologetically.

“Shut up Natsu, I told you 5 minutes ago that we won’t leave the train for another hour and that answer will still not change even if you ask over and over again!”, Erza’s voice gets louder as she says every word.

“But, I can’t hold it any longer”, Natsu groaned.

“Perhaps you’re right Gray, he really needs another punch, but maybe this time, enough for him not to wake up until tomorrow”, Erza glared at Natsu. Gray straightened from where he sat shivers were sent down his spine. Even if Erza didn’t mean a word she said, it’s still made him shiver. Wendy was too scared to even say a word, the two exceeds were sleeping on each of their laps.

“N…no thank you….I think……”, Natsu started, earning him yet another deadly glare from Erza who was cracking her knuckles. “y..yeah I’ll shut up”, Natsu endured his nausea.

“Good. Now Gray, what do you have in mind regarding this Arthur Jurener?”, Erza asked her fellow guild mate.

“Aside from what the Master and Levy had told us, that Jurener guy was once a wizard from a dark guild”, Gray said.

“A wizard from a dark guild? Which guild?”, Erza asked.

“I don’t know, you know information about the dark guilds is strictly confidential, even some of the Council Members don’t know about it but it seems that it was almost second to Phantom”, Gray leaned his face on one of his hands.

“So that means we’re off against someone in par with both Gajeel and Juvia”, Erza declared.

 “Ummmmmm”, Wendy started, interrupting Gray and Eza’s conversation.

“What is it Wendy?”, Erza asked the blue-haired wizard.

“I’ve been noticing it from a while now, but I can’t be wrong that I can see Juvia-san right there”, Wendy pointed out the next cabin from the train. Both Erza and Gray looked in the direction Wendy told them. There they saw another blue-haired wizard whode eyes were sparkling, both hands in her chest looking out from the glass on the cabin’s door.

“Wha! Why is she here! I clearly told her she doesn’t have to come”, Gray uttered making a disgusted face.

Erza stood and walks to where Juvia is. As if on cue, Juvia hid herself the moment she saw she was established.

“Juvia-san really follows you huh Gray-san?”, Wendy sweat dropped. “Ah I get it! It was Juvia-san! We forgot to wait for her!”, she snapped to realization.

“Gray-sama! I came to help you but you forgot Juvia and left her behind! Oh, this is just too much for Juvia to handle but don’t worry! Juvia’s love for you will never waver Gray-sama and…”, Juvia fidgets at the thought. Erza interrupted her “declaration of love” by putting her hand on Juvia’s shoulder.

“Juvia, you’ll be a lot of help, but sit down. A lot of people are looking”, Erza told Juvia.

“Sorry about that”, Juvia sweat dropped and excused.

“Ummm, Juvia-san, do you want to sit with us? There’s still some room for you here since this sit is pretty big”, Wendy offered. Gray however eyed Wendy with pleading eyes “don’t let her sit here” meaning.

“Really? I’d love to!”, Juvia sat in between Gray and Wendy as she hugged one of Gray’s arm. Now Gray looked like his soul was taken away from him giving out a dark gloomy atmosphere around him. Wendy sweat dropped while Juvia fidgets at the thought of having Gray with her sending hearts flying from her. Erza just smiled seeing how natural her teammates are.

“Come to think of it, I remember that Gajeel offered his help too, any idea where he is? Is he with you?”, Gray tried to forget his mood.

“No, Gajeel-kun told Juvia he’s going to Rudora Capital sooner with Lily, apparently he doesn’t like to travel on train with many people seeing his weakness”, Juvia said.

“I couldn’t imagine having two dragon slayers who are transportation-challenged throwing up with one after another, then I’ll be sick too”, Gray quivered imagining the situation of Gajeel and Natsu throwing up together.

“We can’t help it since we approved of their help yesterday”, Wendy smiled.

“Well the Master thinks that having both of them in this mission would be the best, we still don’t know how many like those two are there”, Erza said seriously.

“Yey! Team Natsu +2 will be the current strongest team in Fairy Tail nee, especially with Gray-sama here?”, Juvia excitedly said.

“Yeah right”, Natsu scoffed. “Arrrghwp”

“What’s with the freakish name?”, Gray eyed Juvia disapprovingly.

“Ummm Gray-san, that name….”, Wendy started.

“What? That was the weirdest name I’ve ever heard, I agreed with its former name alone but what’s with the number?”, Gray asked.

“Well…..”, Wendy was sweating while trying to shut Gray up from the insults.

“Why? Is there anything wrong with the name I created for this special mission?”, Erza confidently stared at Gray with a hint of death lingering around her.

“Crap! So Erza was the one who proposed to that! I should have known”, Gray mentally kicked himself. “Well….I….I just thought that…well that name was freakishly good! Of course it’s great because….well….”, Gray stuttered while stumbling his choice of words.

“Well?”, one of Erza’s eyebrow twitched. Gray straightened.

“Oh Gray-sama, you can do it!”, Juvia cheered mentally.

“Well, I mean that name would surely send our enemies flying, I mean the name itself was proof how strong we are and they will surely bow down for mercy. Good job Erza!”, Gray faked a smile. Erza’s expression did not waver for another minute. Gray was sweating hard.

“Is that so? Then you should have said so earlier”, Erza smiled and looked back at the window.

“Darn it! I could have sworn I’m almost at hell’s door!”, Gray said wiping his sweat on his chin.

“Lucy you still owe me a fish”, Happy suddenly blurted out in his sleep. The newly reformed rescuers “Team Natsu +2” snapped out from their inner cravings to see Lucy again (well not exactly since Gajeel is not with them). That’s right, no matter how natural the scene is to Erza, there will always be something missing; a space that will never be filled by anyone. The only thing missing is Lucy’s warm and gentle smiles, her stories when they were bored sitting on the train for missions, her complaints about Gray’s stripping or Happy’s teasing, and her effort in helping Natsu from his motion sickness while rubbing his back. Natsu feels the same way beyond his nausea, he misses her. All the more, as Gray held the tip of his chin while looking at the window, completely forgetting Juvia’s reaction, and as Wendy diverts her eyes on the two Exceeds at her lap; both of them reminisce the times they were travelling with Lucy. As for Juvia, she also misses her first friend in Fairy Tail, the first person who was glad to have her as a friend even before she joined Fairy Tail was Lucy after all. She misses teasing Lucy and treating her as a threat for her Gray-sama’s love. Fair enough, there’s silence in the train, their happiness was only temporary. The thought of their missing comrade was enough how important the celestial spirit mage is.

“If only Lucy was here”, all of them thought.