Chapter IV: The Message Within A Fight (Revised)

(10 hours earlier)

Lucy was seated at the counter of the renovated Fairy Tail guild while her head lays on the table. Mira and Kinana were arranging and polishing the dishes.

“Lucy, why are you making a face?”, Mira said noticing Lucy’s very funny yet annoyed face.

“Wh..What face?”, Lucy innocently asked.

“That face. You’ve been wearing that since this morning”, Mirajane said laughing a little.

“A problem with Natsu again?”, Kinana asked teasingly while polishing a plate.

“Don’t ask”, Lucy pouted. “Those guys never change. I can’t even have a private moment anymore. There’s one time that they actually almost saw me naked because of their sudden visit”, Lucy reminisce making a disgusted face taking a sip on her drink.

“Well that’s something that could have an interesting outcome”, Mirajane smiled teasingly.

“Natsu doesn’t change does he?”, Kinana commented.

“Oh you don’t say. When we were kids he always barge in some places making such a loud fuss. You know, I heard once when he was in a mission with Happy, he actually saw a woman dressing without a single clothe on!”, Mirajane blurted out with images on top of her head. Kinana dropped the plate she was holding and Lucy literally spit out the drink she was drinking as they imagined the situation.

“WHAT!”, Kinana and Lucy said in unison while blushing mad.

“Haha, you both had such a cute reaction”, Mirajane smiled.

“I-it….I mean…..don’t tell me…..is…is it true?”, Lucy blushed her head off ready to explode.

“Yeah Mira, is it true? What happened?”, Kinana asked completely forgotten the broken plate.

“I got you both in there huh? Of course it wasn’t true. Natsu may be stupid at such situations but he’s a gentleman still. From experience, he listens to what’s inside the room before barging in”, Mira explained.

“Mira is a sadist”, Kinana and Lucy slumped. They were taken off guard.

 “Haha, sorry I’m suddenly eager to tease you both”, Mirajane complemented.

“If that was true then….”, Lucy blushed yet again.

“Speaking of which, where is Natsu?”, Kinana interrupted and asked noticing the said fire mage was nowhere to be found.

“HE says he’s going off on a mission”, Mira shrugged.

“That’s odd. I thought he never go on a mission without ‘LUCY’”, Kinana said Lucy’s name in a higher tone making Lucy snap out of her annoyed face and give interest to what the two are saying.

“Well, considering Lucy’s face just now I bet they did something naughty and maybe they are doing a job to buy her something nice as a peace offering don’t you think?”, Mirajane said with a wink.

(Enter Flashback here from Chapter III)

“Oh, how about that? It’s time the boy starts to take responsibility”, said Master Makarov who was drinking a booze quietly on the faraway table counter.

“Ma-Master”, Lucy blushed at what the Master said. She doesn’t know why but she felt guilty of what she just said to her two comrades this morning.

 “Maybe I was out of the line. I shouldn’t have done that”, Lucy said with guilt. She burrowed her face to the palms of her hands.

“Well it really intrigues me, what is on that paper Lucy?”, Mirajane asked, taking notice of the papers peaking out of Lucy’s bag.

“Well, Mira, can you keep this a secret to Happy and Natsu?”, Lucy asked putting both her hands in a praying style, one of her eyes is closed.

“Of course Lucy”, Mira promised.

“Well you see, I was researching about Dragons and their nests. I am looking of destinations as to where they might migrate”, Lucy said holding out the papers with maps and articles about Dragons.

“Since when did you take interests in Dragons? And I’m pretty sure Natsu isn’t going to migrate anywhere because he’s not even a Dragon”, Kinana said.

“It’s not Natsu. I am trying to locate and research where his father might be”, Lucy said seriously. Even Master Makarov is listening.

“So you mean…”, Mira trailed off mid-sentence.

“Yes, I am looking for Igneel”, Lucy announced.

Mira and Kinana looked to each other before looking back to Lucy holding the papers. Master Makarov just spared a glance on the Celestial Spirit Mage.