𝟙𝟝. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟 𝔸𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟

This boutta be a long freaking chapter. Also, I'm mostly following up what the movie is, re reading the book for some chapters is difficult to focus on. But I might add some parts from the book.

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

You were wrapped up in Cato's arms, holding each other before you both had to leave and get ready for the games. Cato had slept in your room (not in that way perverts, just cuddling) for the night, the two of you fearing to lose each other so quickly. The sun had already started to rise, however you were contemplating last night events after the interviews.

You had a talk with Haymitch, as Katniss said she might want you as an ally. However, Cato needed to be with you as well. Haymitch agreed, and gave you his gold bangle as a token. To show Katniss that you were on her side. Johanna was also called up and was told that if she wanted Katniss to trust her, she would have to bring Wiress and Beetee. Katniss already wanted Finnick and Mags, so the two of them didn't need some sort of way to prove they were on Katniss's side.

You nodded grimly as Haymitch gave you the bangle, you decided to put it on your nightstand before you went to bed.

You had just gotten under the covers after putting the dangle on the nightstand, unable to sleep no matter what. Anxiety, fear, and headaches that ate up your thoughts was the only thing that welcomed you. You were scared. Scared that Cato might be someone who dies in these games. You're scared that you might die. You didn't want either of you to die.

Suddenly, someone knocked on your door. You slowly got up and went to see who it was. It was Cato. His hair was messier than usual, and a fatigue had overcame him. 'Heh, speak of the devil and he shall appear.'

"You don't mind if I sleep here?" He yawned, whispering quietly knowing Johanna was asleep. You tiredly nodded, leading him to the bed where you two would sleeping for one more night.

You two laid under the covers, not saying anything. You then shifted closer to Cato, trying to get warmer. Cato understood and let you snuggle into his chest, feeling his warmth.

"(Y/N). You're freezing." He joked.

"You're just a furnace." You countered back, just as jokingly. It reminded you of the night long ago, back in the first games.

"No matter what happens, I will always protect you." You muttered into his chest, taking in his scent. He just held you tighter, holding onto you like you were a teddy bear.

"I'll protect you too." Cato responded. All you could focus on was his heartbeat that lulled you to a dreamless sleep.

Cato rolled over so he would be on top, brushing some hair out of your face. "I need to get going soon, (N/N)."

You sighed. You didn't want Cato to leave, you wanted him to stay here. "I'll see you in the arena." He kissed your forehead in response and got up, leaving after giving you a small smile.

It was time to get up yourself, and you didn't have much time to waste. Quickly, you put on the wetsuit that was laid out for you. Meaning the arena was either tropics or wetland even.

You put on the golden bangle and Clove's bracelet and went onto the hovercraft alone. Johanna had gone in a separate room which meant you were only with your thoughts this time.

You silently stepped on the podium, knowing you would have no escape this time. You only had three things in your mind: Protect Katniss, Protect Cato, and survive.

When your eyes adjusted to the brightness, you took the time to carefully evaluate your situation. In the middle, was the large, silver cornucopia. There was some water and rocky areas you assumed you climb on to get to the cornucopia. You looked behind you and noticed the rocky pathways also lead to a circular beach, which had led into a tropical jungle.