𝟙𝟡. 𝕍𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕞

Well I've been gone for a long time. I'm disappointed in myself... but I reread this story and I've decided to edit all the chapters after submitting this. So uh- yeah. Enjoy ;^;
ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSOOOOOOOO
I'm gonna be redoing the chapters so it makes more sense k? So this chapter is gonna be off from all the other chapters for now. Just bare with it 😔

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

White light, blue light, white light, blue light. This continued for god who knows how long. There's a ringing sound. Hey, am I in heaven? No, I couldn't be, otherwise I'd be floating in the clouds with a bunch of other tributes I've seen with a nice halo and some Angel wings. But pretty sure I was designated to Hell. Chattering is growing around me, and I feel a bit woo—

Wait, chattering?

Why was there chatter? My mind couldn't process it and my nerves tensed inside my body. Natural instinct overcame me, and I opened my eyes. Two male doctors had been talking to each other while prepping...needles?? The only words I could hear from them were, "Venom...hijacking..." Hijacking?? What is the main reason for using the word hijacking?? By this point, the doctors were aware of me being awake.

"Hello Ms. (L/N)." The voice of one of the doctors unnerved me. It showed no hint of sympathy, empathy, or emotion. "President Snow has been waiting on talking with you. Please come with me." Well at least he was polite enough to say please.

I got up from the hospital bed I laid in and followed the two to one of the offices of the unknown building I was in. As we were walking, my blood ran cold. How could I be so stupid to not think about where I am?! Ok, calm down. Panicking will get me nowhere. So, the doctor said I was going to see President Snow. Meaning I'm in the Capitol. However, I don't seem to feel injured or tender when moving, so I believe they healed me after kidnapping me from the arena.

The arena...!! The memories of that horrible place kept on coming back at me. Cato, the electric tree, the blood rain...all of it was a complete nightmare that will be permanently inserted in my brain until the day I die. Maybe even in the afterlife too.

By the time I had snapped out of my train of thought, the doctors stopped at a certain door and gestured me in, to which I comply. I walk into the tiny President Snow-like office and hear the door close behind me, in which I know I'm trapped. In front of me stands the President of Panem, in all his glory. His snake-like eyes stare straight to my soul, with a wicked smile included.

"Why don't you take a seat, Miss (L/N?)"

I immediately gulp and carefully sit down on the red velvet chair facing the desk. President Snow sits down too. "I'm sure you are aware of why you are here, yes?" He asked, his coy smile remaining. Of course I remember; I shoved Cato and Katniss out of the way and sacrificed myself. Obviously I deserve whatever happens to me now. I slowly nod my head, gripping my hands tightly to try and stay calm.

"Do you realize what your actions have caused? You have distracted us from taking away Katniss Everdeen. Our main enemy. Normally.. this would result in your own death." His words echoed through the room. I would be dead. Shouldn't I die then? "...well then why am I still alive?" I asked as calmly as possible to the man who could inflict despair and hopelessness everywhere. He smiled.

"Because you have worth, my dear." Worth? What am I worth to Katniss Everdeen who's been known as the symbol of the rebellion? As if he read my mind, he continued. "You, Peeta, Johanna, Enboria, and Annie have all been resided here. Because you all have worth. You're all victors. For Annie, she is important to Finnick. For Peeta, Katniss. And for you," He waits for me to finish the sentence. "Cato..." I whispered softly. "Exactly. You serve as our weapons now."