𝟙𝟠. ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖

Half my chapters got deleted smh so I'm re updating some stuff sorry bout this, rewriting isn't exactly my strong suite. It'll be hella short. Sorry-

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

"How long are you gonna be passed out?" A certain someone called out, annoyed. The voice was familiar. You felt your head ring a little.

Only one person you knew would say that. Clove.

You tried opening your eyes to see nothing but white. "Where...are you?" You called out, wondering where your best friend was. Was she alive? Did the Capitol revive her?

No, that wasn't possible. You saw her die in your arms when you sang her to sleep. There was no way she was alive.

"Right here!" She yelled. Her voice changed the scenery from white, to the same place near the river. The one place you and Clove hung out when you went to get more food.

You saw her, tossing a rock up and down before smirking at you. "Hiya."

You teared up before running into her arms, hugging into her tightly. You could feel her arena jacket, you could feel her hair bouncing in your face as she hugged you back.

"How are you alive?!" You exclaimed. She shook her head, laughing sadly.

"I'm not alive." You stopped. Wait, if she's dead, then does that mean...

"No stupid, you're not dead. You just survived that blast from the explosion, from that dumb tree." She scoffed, throwing the stone and making it skip off the water. And hitting a fish as well.

You sputtered out laughing, remembering a silly memory you and Clove shared.

You and Clove left the career pack to go get some more food. Glimmer, Marvel, and Cato were staying at camp.

You two ended up at the lake, near a bunch of rocks. Clove looked around. "There's gotta be some fish here to hunt."

You let out a grunt of approval, picking up one of the small rocks in your hand. They were flat enough to be thrown like a disk, so you tried it.

You threw the stone, letting it skip the water twice. During that period, a fish jumped out of the water, and made contact with the rock, causing it to fall backwards into the water.

You and Clove looked at each other. No one said anything for a brief period of time. That is, until both of you snorted out laughing.

"Oh my god, you hit that poor fish!" Clove cried, clutching her stomach. You were choking on your laughs, rolling on the floor and pounding on the rock material. God you two could get killed at any second, but you paid no attention.

After minutes of laughter and finally calming down, Clove picked up a few more similar rocks and grinned mischievously at you. "Wanna make it a contest?"

"To have a genocide and murder every fish with rocks? Oh you're on." You smirked back.

That was the best memory you two got the chance to share before the chaos that erupted.

You sat down on the same rocky surface, your best friend sitting beside you.

"How are you here, then?" You turned to Clove, still confused on how you could feel and see her. She shrugged.

"I was always here. You just became aware of it now." She responded. "I'm glad you became aware, that way we can always be together." She smiled, hugging you once more.

You hugged back, laughing at how the situation is.

"Oh... this reminds me... did you make Cato come back from the dead?" You asked.

Clove grinned, causing you to do the same. You knew the answer.

"I yelled at him because he somehow appeared, even though he should still be alive. I mean, I busted my ass for you and Cato to get out of that dumb arena together, I refuse to let him die a year later." Clove stated proudly. You giggled at her response.

"Thanks for that, I owe you so much now."

"No, you don't have to."

"Why not?" You asked.

"Because I chose this." Clove said, nodding at you whilst smirking. It reminded you of the same time Johanna smirked at Katniss after the jabberjay event.

She looked down to see her bracelet on your wrist, but never said anything of it. She knew. She didn't need to say anything.

"So, will I be able to talk and see you more often?" You asked, feeling your body start to wake up. Assuming you were of course, visiting Clove in spirit.

"Absolutely." Clove assured.

You nodded, waving goodbye as you could feel your vision turn dark.

The last thing you saw was Clove waving back.

"Thank you, Clove..."