𝟚𝟝. 𝕌𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣

I think I did a bad job doing the last chapter, so I'll try to do better in this one. It's probably gonna end up longer than expected, but I can't blame myself

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

All eyes turned to you and Peeta. No one could respond. An eerie silence hung in the air, suffocating everyone.

"I murdered one of our squad members." You stared at everyone blankly.

Everyone's faces contorted to worry, shock, and concern. They knew it was true. You did. No one could deny that. The guilt has finally overcame you, the realization that you murdered someone without the need for survival weighed you down.

"Katniss is right. I'm a mutt. We're not in control. And it's only a matter of time before one of us snap again." Peeta added, a tear starting to fall down his cheek. Hell, you didn't even know why Boggs could trust you with two weapons.

"I need a Nightlock pill, so I can die when I need to."

"If that happens I'll kill you both myself." Gale stated. Peeta didn't respond in any sort of sound nor movement. Katniss had a look of desperation, or maybe even guilt to Peeta. You couldn't respond either.

Cato got up and wrapped his arms around you, lightly petting your hair. "I'm not gonna let you die. Not on my watch." His voice soothed you, making you relax in his arms. You brung your arms to his back, resting your head against his chest. You calmed yourself down, 10 minutes later, only thanks to Cato.

-

You were all eating what you were given, well - Peeta didn't eat anything, and you barely ate at all. That is, until the familiar sound of the horn of plenty echoed. The screen blared up, and you watched as everyone from the Capitol - including the victors - were shown on the screen, a cannon booming for them.

When yours came on, you felt a weird, tickling sensation. Like it was so dumb it was funny. You smirked to yourself, silently laughing in your head. Cato's cannon boomed for him. You elbowed Cato playfully, managing to crack a joke. "If you're hair was a bit more messier in that picture, you would've been a lot more hotter." Cato smirked at you, cocking an eyebrow yet laughing.

When the cannons were finally finished, you saw Snow in all his glory, making an announcement. You recognized the room Snow was in, he was without a doubt in his mansion.

"So, Katniss Everdeen; a poor, unstable girl with nothing but a small talent with a bow and arrow is dead. Not a thinker, not a leader. Simply a face plucked from the masses. Was she valuable? She was extremely valuable, to your 'rebellion.' Because you had no vision. No true leader among you." President Snow announced. During this whole speech, you got the privilege to hear Clove bickering, making fun of Snow and his fancy words.

'My god, how is this dude still alive, isn't he already 100?'

'What if he dressed up as a snowflake?'

'Also Snow shut up, we don't have a bachelor's degree in English.'

You bit your lip, looking down, trying not to laugh. Cato looked at you curiously, as you quietly muttered what Clove was bickering, resulting in Cato having to cover his mouth, preventing any chuckles from escaping his lips.

"You call yourself an alliance, but you see where that has gotten you. Your soldiers are at each other's throats!"

You glared at Snow, ticked off that he had to remind you of that moment.

During that time, you saw the screen buzz off and turn to Coin. You did everything you could not to scowl.

"For those of you who don't know me, I am President Alma Coin; leader of the rebellion. I have interrupted your broadcast as your President had disregarded a girl, picked from the masses, he called her."