𝟟. 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕓𝕪 𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕤

The next morning, we all woke up and had a nice breakfast consisting rabbit, bread, and dried fruit. I sharpened some of the weapons we were carrying so they didn't become dull. Perks of being raised as a blacksmith.

Our journey then continued on as we looked for Luna. Cato and I were serving as the front, Marvel and Glimmer were in the middle, while Clove and Adam were in the back.

Cato and I initiated a small talk while searching for the Luna. It was honestly just about what our districts were like. They were much different from each other, as in District 2 you were expected to train at an academy until you're 18 and volunteer. Whereas with District 7, some kids that are 14 took part time jobs after school to deal with lumber.

Suddenly, Marvel hollowed and pointed towards someone. I swear this dude has amazing eyesight. And it seemed we were all able to recognize this 17 year old. It was Luna. Everyone started running and cheering. Everyone except Adam. Why was I cheering? Ok let's just say I'm kind of pissed this girl got the same score as me.

We chased after her for a bit of time, and when the chase stopped, we found ourselves surrounding the tree where Luna had scurried up. I had noticed she was gripping onto her leg, almost as if it's been in pain.

Cato had tried to climb up the tree, but it was clearly obvious that he couldn't climb it. He fell down after grabbing a broken branch.

Glimmer then tried to shoot Luna with her bow. Remember how she didn't have the proper aim to use the bow? Yeah... that's the part where it comes back to now. Obviously she missed. And Cato tried to use the bow too, but to no avail. I'm guessing when they trained they took the time to only train with their best weapon.

"M-Maybe you should throw the sword?" Luna called from above. She seemed tired and out of breath. Before anyone could move, Adam spoke up.

"Let's just wait her out. She's gotta come down at some point or she starves to death. We'll just kill her then." It's an obvious move that he's covering for her. However, revealing it now will cause an issue. The rest of career band had no problem with it and went to go make a fire.

Nighttime approached and we made a fire, each of us relaxing as best as we can. We know she can't come down, it would be suicide. Cato dipped his sword in the flame and spat on it, making it dim and sizzle. Glimmer was giggling like a little school girl, while Clove was throwing knives at a lizard.

I decided it would be best to clean off any extra grime or blood of the axe while watching Adam, waiting to see if he'd do anything. All he did was lay and stare at the artificial sky.

After a bit of time, we got tired and went to sleep.

Time skip

I heard something being sawed. That's not a normal thing to hear. I know it's the Hunger Games, but in a forest you don't hear sawing as a natural thing.

My eyes shot open and I slowly looked up to see Luna cutting a branch, but the branch held something. I instantly knew what that nest contained: tracker jackers.

Highly engineered wasps, and the venom the tracker jacker produces and releases in its sting can cause powerful hallucinations, excruciating pain, and death in the worse case scenario. I quickly gathered my stuff and shook Cato awake.

"Cato, Cato! Wake up!!" I whispered as quietly as I could. He stirred a little in his sleep, but opened his eyes to meet my own.

"What is it?"

It was too late. The nest fell, and the tracker jackers went to attack all of us. The rest of the tributes started screaming, kicking, flailing around to stop the wasps from stinging as much as they could.