𝟝. 𝔹𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕒𝕥𝕙

Luna's P.O.V.

I had just entered the hover ship that will take us to the Hunger Games. I didn't want to be here. But I had no choice. After all, I was reaped. I sighed and remembered my mentor, Katniss, and her advice she gave me. Go to fresh water, don't go to the cornucopia. Hopefully, I'm able to use that lifesaving advice properly.

As I sat down on the chair, I noticed the girl from District 7 and the boy from District 2 exchange looks at each other. The boy smirked, and the girl smirked back. She then looked over to the other Career tributes and nodded back, the smirk stayed on her face. So does this mean she is in an alliance with them?!

This isn't good. Apparently, (Y/N), the girl from District 7 got an 11 just like I did. And if she's allied with the Careers, that's all it takes for her to be instantly feared. My district partner and I don't stand a chance against her.

"Give me your arm." Some ladies had inserted trackers in our arms just so we knew there was no escape. It's another way they can puppeteer us.

Finally, the hover ship moved upwards and started flying us to our destination. Afterwards, I got off and sadly smiled at Adam, my district partner. He returned the smile and we were both sent to our tubes that would send us to the arena.

When I entered the room, I was met face to face with my stylist. He comforted me as best as I can, and then helped me get into my clothes: a nylon jacket that reminded me of a garbage bag for a second, (don't worry it's not) and an under sweater.

Considering my original clothing already, a black t-shirt and some cargo pants with combat boots, I could already think that I'm going to be in either a cold arena or an arena that has trees or a forest.

I had a cup of water to try and calm my nerves as my stylist gave me one last hug.

"10 seconds."

A monotone voice from somewhere announced that was the amount of time I had until I had to go into the tube. I walked into it, taking deep breaths to soothe my nerves as best as I could. I looked back to my stylist, and he nodded.

Slowly, the tube raised to the arena. The artificial sun was blinding at first, but after a bit of time I made out my surroundings.

I was right! It was a forest! Well, behind me it was. It seemed that the silver cornucopia was placed in a large plains that almost represented an oval. Behind the cornucopia was a large lake, and I hope that isn't the only water source.

Focusing on the cornucopia, I noticed the large bounty of backpacks, weapons, and anything that could be proven useful in the arena. As I noticed the closer you go into the cornucopia, the better supplies and weapons there are, like a wicked scythe or even a huge tent. The further away I am the less useful the things are, like a tarp or some random food. 

It's a gamble. If you win you come out alive. If you bet a small amount of your life you increase your odds of getting out of there but with less useful and valuable items. On the other hand, risk your life into suicide and if you do win, you've increased your odds of survival by a ton.

I noticed the countdown go to 20 seconds left. I took the time to look around me one more time. I couldn't spot Adam, so I quickly focused on getting something and then getting out as quick as possible.

"There will be tons of items at the mouth of the cornucopia. They'll even have a bow,"

My head whipped towards my mentor, Katniss, as she said the word bow. She knows how good I am with a bow.

"Don't go for it."

My eyes widened in shock and confusion.
"Why not?"

"It's a bloodbath. If you're able to even get in there the chances of you getting out because of a Career tribute is almost 0. Try and get a backpack and immediately leave. Find water and make sure you stay alive."

"Got it."

"Also, don't get off your pedestal early or they'll blow you sky high." She smiled and gave me one more hug for comfort.

"Good luck."

"Thank you, Katniss."

10, 9, 8,

I prepared to get ready. I saw a bright orange back and immediately got ready to run straight for it.

7, 6, 5,

The other tributes were all prepping themselves as well.

4, 3, 2, 1.

May the odds be ever in our favours.

Short, but the next chapter will definitely be longer.