𝟙. 𝔹𝕒𝕕 𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕜

Hello. If you are re-reading this, I'm letting you in on some reminders if you have forgotten.
(Y/N)=Your Name
(L/N)=Last Name
(H/C)=Hair Colour
(H/L)=Hair Length
(S/T)=Skin Tone
(E/C)= Eye Colour
Anyway, let's continue!

Status: Edited

Also, in this story, Blight has died from a mental illness, caused from the trauma of the games.

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

My name is (Y/N) (L/N). I live in District 7 who is a soon-to-be blacksmith. Well, why a blacksmith?

Well, my parents were never taught how to collect lumber and work with axes. However, both of them have been said to have a talent for repairing and making weapons. So instead of going out to work with trees and lumber, their job was to repair the district's tools and any metal supplies that needed repairing or replacement. The job was very wealthy, however extremely risky. Because of the amount of fire they use, our family was sent to live further away from the city and forest, in a more, open plains area. But it was ok, as the Capitol had been 'kind' enough to build us our home. In fact, I'm pretty sure our parents have once or twice made axes just for the Hunger Games.
Ugh, those words feel like poison, it's disgusting.

The only problem when living further away from the city is that we can't exactly go into the city all the time. The peacekeepers there mostly expect us to be working in our home. There are a few that are nice enough to let us buy food and whatnot, but others are just a bunch of pains in the *ss to deal with. Luckily I have my ways of manipulating the peacekeepers. Ever heard of this thing called bribing? You should try it. (Please do not try this with random strangers) I go collect berries or other valuables in the nearby woods that our family lives near, and trade them off.

My mother's name is Rachel. She looked just like me except older. My father is called Ryan. He has short blonde hair and blue eyes, and pale skin.

My two younger siblings, Emma and Lily, are twins; they both have the same pale skin, the same short blonde hair (except Lily's is curlier and Emma's is straighter), and the same green eyes. And their heads go to my stomach. Other than that they sort of look like me. I guess.

But, enough about my past. That doesn't matter at the time being. Today is the worst day to almost all the Districts. Reaping Day, the oh so 'fabulous' day where two of our fellow families will be faced with despair for the rest of their life, knowing that their child (or maybe children) are reaped and going to die in the arena of the Hunger Games, while the Capitol cheers and gets everything they want.

I had just finished buying some things for my mother when a peacekeeper had walked up to me. He was serious, but he was nice. "Please go and collect your siblings, (L/N)." I nodded in response and headed home, luckily the trip didn't last that long as I did a nice jog.

I had arrived at home right when my siblings had worn the dresses our mother picked out for reapings day. The two of them were hugging each other for dear life, of course I could know why. It's their first day. Why else would they have such an anxious reaction? I gave the two a quick kiss on the forehead, and then changed to my own dress. It was a old fashioned dress that was (f/c), with a (your choice) design, and my hair had been in a braid (if it's short, just down).

The horn or blow of a whistle of some sort had let us know our time has come, and I sighed. I held my sister's hands as we walked into the square of District 7, where many other kids just like us had come ready to possibly face their demise.

Suddenly the girls had stopped and their breathing became quick. It was because we were close to signing in. I moved them away from the crowd of marching children and crouched down to face them. "Hey, hey look at me. It'll be ok. They're just going to prick your finger to take a little bit of blood," "Will it hurt?" Emma cried a little, as I wiped some of her tears away. "Only a little, afterwards go to the other kids, I'll see you soon."

I let them sign in and let the lady peacekeeper prick my finger to make sure I'm signed in. "Go ahead." The monotone voice of hers said. I went over to the group my age and tried looking for my sisters, however peacekeepers have kept forcing me into my age group.
Waiting with some other girls, my eyes caught sight of my friend (well, more of an acquaintance), Johanna, on the stage. She was a victor, and of course, life hasn't been easy for her either. She had to act innocent and weak to trick everyone into ignoring her, and when it was down to the last few, everyone eventually found out that she was a ruthless, cold hearted killer. The problem was that apparently, men (and some women) have had an attraction to Johanna, and President Snow has attempted many times to make her sell her body to the Capitol, but to no avail. This made Snow kill everyone she loved and cared about. So I hope I don't have to be in there. I don't think I look attractive, but I really don't want to sell my pride and a part of me to the disgusting people of the Capitol.

There used to be a male Victor named Blight, but he killed himself from depression of the games. They were too much for him, and now Johanna is the only victor of District 7.

The bubbly, cheerful Capitol representative had wished us a Happy Hunger Games, being the only one who was smiling in the District. Seriously, how can you be so cheerful at this time.
"Now! The time has come to select one, courageous man and woman," Her high pitched voice echoed throughout the square, and giving everyone goosebumps. "To serve the honour, of representing District 7 for the 74th annual Hunger Games!"

Any siblings or close friends who were near each other were hugging them for dear life, almost as if praying to them that they weren't the ones getting picked. Of course they were.

"As usual.. ladies first!" The representative strutted over to the bowl of envelopes that contained every girl's name that ranged from 12 to 18, and quickly grabbed one. She walked back over to the mic and with a happy smile on her face, read the name revealed on the card.

"Emma (L/N)."