𝟙𝟜. 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕣𝕚𝕓𝕦𝕥𝕖𝕤

This is going to be a short chapter cause I don't know what to do for this.

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

The worse thing about the games was that you had to be reaped and no one could stop you. Because Blight was long gone, and there weren't any other male victors nor female victors, you and Johanna were forced to be reaped.

The two of you don't even have a mentor to help out. Your Capitol representative told us that it will be very different because it's a Quarter Quell. New training centre, new tribute living quarters. And a very special arena.

You and Johanna watched the reapings of every tribute from the Districts. Cashmere and Gloss, who reminded you of Marvel and Glimmer. Cato and Enobaria.

Cato and Enobaria. Cato had volunteered. He volunteered. Your heart tightened and you could feel your breathing quicken. Johanna comforted you the whole way of the trip.

When you got to the Capitol, the mentor of District 12 - Haymitch - has requested for you and Johanna to meet with him, Finnick, and Plutarch. The head gamemaker.

You all discussed about the revolution and it was your jobs to help get Katniss and Cato out alive. Cato was because of the berry trick, and Katniss was because she was known as the face of the revolution. You had all agreed and then went to your stylists to get ready for the tribute parade.

You two were dressed as trees which disgusted you. After the parade, in which Katniss's name was being chanted, you, Johanna, and Cato who went to the same elevator walked in with Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch.

"You guys look amazing." Johanna commented on their outfits. She turned back to face the elevator door as it first went to District 7. Which was weird, but you weren't gonna complain.

She started to take off some of the things on her costume. "My stylist is such an idiot. District 7, lumber, trees, ugh. I'd love to put my axe on her face." You knew immediately where this was going.

Cato shuffled to you as Johanna went to Peeta and asked him to unzip the costume. He complied and Johanna stripped out of her costume. You raised your eyebrows in surprise but your eyes didn't widen. You shook your head with a small smirk on your face as Katniss looked the other way. Cato looked away as well and just stared at you, to which you stared back.

You gave him a quick hug before the elevator dinged, signalling your arrival to the District 7 floor.

You two turned and waved off to the other 4 in the elevator, getting ready for supper.

During the training, you and Cato stuck together all the time, practicing with weapons. You two were very skilled in combat, and you gotten some attention from Katniss when you were identifying plants.

"I saw you volunteer for your sister last year." You turned to see Katniss walk towards you. You smiled kindly.

"Thank you. It's the least I could do. I wanted to protect her." Now it was Katniss's turn to smile. She then went to the bow and arrow station, and let you watch.

You noted how skilled and dead on accurate she was with her arrows, not missing a single holograph. Soon, the whole squad of tributes had been watching as well, while Wiress was clapping tremendously.

Cato's interview was so heart touching for you, you didn't know if you'd be able to say your own without crying.

"But Cato... the two of you won't be able to survive together. Why would you volunteer even though (Y/N) was reaped?" Caesar asked, concern on his face. Cato looked down, before looking back to Caesar with a sad smile.

"I came here to protect her. And that's all I want to do. I can't sit around and watch her possibly die. I love her too much to let her die." The crowd had awed, many were crying hysterically.

Before it was your turn, you saw Katniss in a huge wedding dress, making your eyebrows furrow. "A wedding dress?"

Katniss looked at you, annoyed she had to wear it as well. You smirked, walked up to her and fixed her pearl necklace. "Make him pay for it."

And then it was your turn to shine. You had stepped out to the crowd, as it cheered and applauded you. You could see from the reflection of a TV screen that Cato had some pink on his cheeks.

Your interview went by so quickly, but one more question stung you hard. "Now, (Y/N). I think we're a little emotional over you and Cato. What are your thoughts on him being in the arena with you?" You turned to gaze at Cato lovingly before turning back to Caesar.

"I just want to make sure Cato is safe. As long as we can be with each other for the last few days in the arena then I will die the happiest person in the world." You even produced tears to make the Capitol weep for you even more. The buzzer sounded and you got up beside Johanna.

During Katniss's spin, you knew for a certain fact that Katniss was definitely the face of the rebellion: the Mockingjay. The black dress, the wings that followed, it was beautiful. She was definitely the Mockingjay.

And Peeta, oh boy. When he did his interview, he did everything he can to stop the games. Even by throwing in a baby bomb. You knew Katniss wasn't pregnant for sure, but you were still shocked. When Peeta got up on stage, you and everyone else linked hands and raised them above you. Signifying as one, together. The lights cut out, but the image of us uniting as one was already etched into everyone's brain.

But that doesn't mean the games wouldn't be cancelled. They were still on. And you knew for a certain fact that you had to get Katniss and Cato out alive. Even if it costs you your life.

I skipped through a lot because I'm tired and scenes like this are hard for me to write. So I apologize.