𝟛. 𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

(A/N: I think I forgot to describe Luna, sorry. She has ash brown hair and black eyes, with tan skin. And has a similar body type to Katniss's.)

Status: Edited

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

I finally woke up from a good sleep.

In all honesty, though, the training centre with everyone was pretty fine.

The head trainer, Atla (correct me if I'm wrong) had explained to us the main rules. "Do not fight with the other tributes, you'll have plenty of time for that in the arena." I noticed the girl from 2 smirk a little.

She then started counting down the percentages on how many of us will die from natural causes, which made me feel nervous about how calm she was. Maybe it's because I could feel a pair of eyes staring into my skull (why don't we take a guess who, never mind it was obviously the boy from 2.)
"In addition, you are allowed to spar with your district partner as long as you both agree." That last bit seems interesting to me.

We were given some time to work on whatever we wanted, so I decided to work on tying knots, which made the trainer very pleased. Seems like this poor guy didn't have a lot of people. While I was tying knots of all kinds, I paid attention to the other tributes that caught my eye. Evan was clearly inexperienced with the mace he was using, but if he took a bit more time to learn he could be a slight threat. The boy from 2 was skilled with a sword, the girl from 2 could throw knives with dead on accuracy, the boy from 1 was experienced with a spear, and.. sadly the girl from 1 had some issues using a bow.

When I was done trying out the knot-tying station, I headed towards one of the weapons. Evan waltzed up to me and grinned. "Hey, why don't we try a little spar? But I'm sure we both know I will win." He laughed. I scoffed, but felt my personality swap very quickly.

"Oh? As if you could beat me. How about we bet on it." I smiled cockily. He smirked in response. "Winner gets the loser to do whatever we want." We agreed to those rules and got onto one of the sparring mats (which was huge). I got a battle axe, and Evan got his mace. By this point, we had an instructor come over to spectate the match and make sure no one got hurt.

When we started, Evan immediately lunged forward and swung his mace at me in a vertical swing, which I easily sidestepped. He then swung horizontally at my head, and I instinctively ducked and moved away from that attack. This had continued for some time as I was analyzing his movements. By this point, we've attracted our attention to most of the tributes, including the Career group as this continued for some time.

(You were dodging around kind of like this)

I then brung my axe up to meet his mace. I could tell trying to attack him by a longer range wouldn't work, his mace would stop me. So I tried something new. I swung down and slammed his mace to the floor, causing him to lower his body position to be lower, and so I then backed up. He swung horizontally again and I ducked. This movement continued for a couple minutes until something finally happened.