𝟙𝟘. 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕂𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕤

The sleep I had just went through was blank. No dreams, nothing. I woke up in Cato's arms with him still sleeping soundly, his fingers softly gripping my upper arms. My head was laying against his chest, hearing his heartbeat.

He slowly woke up a few minutes after me.

"Morning." He murmured, still trying to wake up from his sleep.

"Morning to you too." I slipped out of the sleeping bag and took the time to stretch, and then moving my arms and legs to shake them awake. As much as I'd love to sleep all day, we need to go hunting for 4 more tributes.

"What about the bags, Cato?" Who could forget about that. It was the very two things that got Clove killed. He stared grimly at the bags before tossing me mine and started to open up his in silence.

I nodded before opening up my bag, revealing to be some cream of some sort. An instant thought came to my mind as I rubbed it onto my leg wound, which still wasn't treated. Hopefully that will help it.

Cato pulled out a skin tight suit of body armour. Two of them, actually.

'The other one was probably meant for Clove.' I thought bitterly. But is the armour meant for metal? Claws? Heat? That I had no clue, and neither did Cato.

A cannon suddenly boomed. If I were to guess, probably Foxface. It was still early in the morning and Luna and Adam should probably be hidden.

Cato and I went to a stream to get some water, I remembered something he said a while back.

"Cato?" His attention turned towards me.

"What were you going to say when I was going to go get the bags?" I tilted my head, asking innocently to see if I can pry.

He smirked. "You want me to tell you?" I nodded eagerly.

"Guess you'll have to earn it."

"Oh? How?" I felt adrenaline being prepped to rush in.

"Whoever can successfully pin each other for 10 seconds wins." He removed any weapons he had on him to make it fair, as I did the same.

A competition eh? I see I see! This'll be fun. Hopefully it could distract me from the one we lost.

We got into positions.

"Start—" he was interrupted by me immediately tackling him into the dirt, rolling on top of him.

I grinned, using my leg to pin his one arm while using my right hand to hold his head back. He grinned, obviously plotting something and waited till the 8 second mark.

Suddenly, he leaned to the side causing me to lose balance. Shoot no!! I forgot he had more muscle than me, dang it!!

He instantly pinned me, now I was under him. I raised my eyebrows. "You intended this to happen?" I continued trying to struggle out of his grip.

He chuckled while I was squirming around. I noticed my left leg was free. I lifted it up to try and push him off me, but he noticed and caught me off guard in the most unusual way, shocking me in place.

He pressed him warm lips onto mine.

Time stopped. My cheeks turned a bright red, my eyes widening. Cato's eyes were closed, and the kiss wasn't as if he was trying to pin my head. No, it felt genuine, soft, and tender.

Was this for real? Was Cato, the boy from 2, the one who made me feel butterflies in my stomach kissing me? How do I know this isn't an act?

Before I could even kiss back, he pulled away and smiled at me. "I won."