𝟜. 𝕄𝕚𝕕𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕥

Status: Edited

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

"Couldn't sleep?" I called out to him.

He turned to me, shocked. Probably wasn't expecting me to be up here.

"Kinda, yeah."

I laughed a little and went beside him, putting my (s/c) arms on the railing. I turned to look at him. His blonde hair was darker in the night, but the Capitol lights bounced off his face in a really neat way.

"Did you have any plans for your future if you weren't in the games?" I asked. Hey, I wanna know what it's like in a Career district.

He shrugged in response. "All my life I've been expected to train for these games, and act like it'll be easy. They're trying to turn me into a killing machine.. and not a human."

I stared at him wide eyed. I didn't expect this from a career. I made sure I checked to make sure he was lying, before deciding to fool around a little.

"S-So does this mean you'll be a killing machine and kill me?" I acted all sad and produced fake tears. Cato bought the act and tried to make me feel happier.

"No no, I'm not going to kill you—"
"I know!" I smiled back. He stared at me like I was insane. "Sorry, I just change my personality nonstop!" I giggled even more than ever. Cato shook his head.

"Are you always like this?" He crossed his arms.

"Well, I mean, yeah. I've been alone."

"Alone?" He was curious. "But wouldn't you be with other people or.."

I shook my head. "Sadly no. I was a soon-to-be blacksmith, and because of the fire we used when making or repairing tools, we had to be away from everyone else. So I've developed a talent of acting and changing personalities to imagine I'm talking to different people. Yeah I have my siblings but they aren't the same." Cato nodded and it seemed he took some mental notes.

I looked down at the Capitol and clicked my tongue in annoyance.
"We have a few hours until we all murder each other. Isn't that lovely?" I murmured sarcastically as quiet as I could, and unfortunately, Cato heard.

"I wouldn't say lovely, maybe gory. Full of blood."
"Oh my god you know what I mean!" I punched him in the arm playfully while he chuckled in response. I know I shouldn't bond with him. I know I shouldn't. But at the time being, it might be the only way for me to stay as sane as possible.

I was so caught up in thinking I almost forgot about how freezing it was and how stupid I was to forget bringing some sort of sweater. My arms quickly got stuffed inside my thin long sleeve shirt and wrapped around my warm body.

Cato gave me a look. "Freezing, babe?"
bAbE? I gave him the fish lips look. He chuckled in defence and decided to give me his grey sweater. I sighed in content as warmth immediately comforted my arms. "Thanks for the hoodie."

He smirked in response. "You need it more than I do."

After a moment of silence, I yawned a little. "I should go to bed. We got a big day tomorrow, don't we Cato?" A smirk creeped up on my face. He smirked back and nodded in agreement. "In that case, I'll be off." But before he left, this cheeky little bastard kissed my cheek and left like nothing happened. Leaving me with a large blush on my face.

Hold on, somebody just k i s s e d my cheek. Somebody good looking, and somebody who is close to me. Well thanks for the adrenaline that is completely useless in the middle of the night!!

Nevertheless, I skipped off to my room a bit more happy than usual.
I felt much better and think I could go to sleep now. My clock says 1:39 a.m. on it. So I think I can get enough sleep for the games.
.
.
.
.
Aw sh*t I forgot about the games. F*ck you Snow and Capitol and I'll see you tomorrow.

And I'm also wearing Cato's hoodie. Fu—

This was short, but like I had no clue what to do for this one lol