𝟚𝟠. ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥

You walked around the large orphanage, watching the children run around, laughing and cheering. Each young girl was around the age of 4, or even 5. They were all laughing and smiling, without a care in the world.

It's been years after the rebellion. You and Cato gotten married at District 2, and you've heard that Katniss and Peeta got married as well. You and Cato wanted to have a family, but, thanks to the condition the Capitol gave you, having a birth child wasn't an option. However, you were more than open to go visit an orphanage to adopt a child.

Whilst you were struggling to deal with the PTSD that burdened you, Cato and Clove were always there for you. The doctors had once assumed that Clove was a figment of your imagination, or just a hallucination from your PTSD trauma of losing her. They even offered you a pill to forget about her. But you never took it, you refused to ever forget about your best friend.

The doctors gave up months after your refusal, and you built a memorial for Clove. Everyday, you visited her, always taking time to talk about your day. Even though Clove was still with you, it was something you liked to do and add to your schedule. It was something that kept you and Cato sane.

You and Cato had split up to try and 'cover more ground' as Cato put it. But you agreed, seeing if any of the children had caught your eye.

So far, nobody had. They all seemed so similar with their personalities. It wasn't a bad thing, but none of them made them intriguing to you.

Going up to the higher floor of the orphanage, you hummed the familiar tune you sang years ago.

"You've got to give a little, take a little, and let your poor heart break a little, that's the story of, that's the glory of love."

You wandered throughout the halls of the higher floor, finding an empty classroom. You went in and sat on a chair. How funny, you were in a room similar to this years ago, singing the same song. Realizing no one else was around, you started to sing.

"You've got to laugh a little,"

"Cry a little, until the clouds roll by a little," You heard someone else singing the song. You thought it was Clove at first, but your head didn't tingle like usual. You assumed you were just making things up, and continued.

"That's the story of, that's the glory of love.

As long as there's the two of us, we've got the world and all it's charms..." This time, you heard the sound of a little girl, and small footsteps making their way towards you.

"And when the world is through with us, we've got each other's arms..." You stopped singing, turning to meet the girl who knew the same song as you. You could feel your heart clench.

The girl was probably half of Lily's height. She had shoulder length dark hair, dark eyes, and freckles. All these features reminded you of one person: Clove.

You smiled at the girl kindly. "Hello! What's your name?"

She smiled back in joy, happy that you noticed her. "My name is Clover!"

It was if the gods blessed you with a gift. You could feel tears start to grow in your eyes, yet you refused to let them show. The girl, however, noticed your tears.

"What's wrong, miss?" She asked. You had to refrain from squealing at how cute this girl was. "Oh, it's nothing," You smiled kindly, rubbing your eyes.

"It's just, you remind me of my best friend who passed away years ago." The five year old hugged you as best as she could with her child arms, causing you to squeal at how cute it was. You hugged her back in response, a smile growing on your face.