𝟙𝟙. 𝕍𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕤

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, the Victors of the 74th annual Hunger Games."

Cato and I dropped the berries from our hands and hugged each other tightly. We won. We made it out of the hellhole we've just been placed in. A hovercraft picked us up and I felt woozy. Probably from the cuts that Thresh gave me.

The doctors took me away from Cato and healed me. My scars on my stomach turned into thin red lines, meant to be as a trophy. I didn't like it, but I won't complain. Just means I have to always wear tank tops if I ever work out.

Before the finale of the games, which was one more interview with Caesar, Johanna talked to me by the roof.

"You know they're kinda pissed now."

I turned to her. "What, cause I didn't die?" She shook her head.

"Because you both showed them up without knowing that. So you better help your boyfriend when the time comes to that." I nodded my head and hugged her.

"It's good to see you back alive." She joked, hugging me back.

When the interview came on, us two were waiting with our mentors, proud of us that we got out of the arena. When we walked out, the two of us held hands and smiled to the crowd, making them applause.

"So Cato," Caesar asked. We were halfway through the interview already. "When did you realize you loved her?"

Cato looked at me and smiled warmly.
"I had a thing for her ever since the tribute parade. But I was able to confirm I loved her when our supplies blew up, and when she told me about him trying to kill her. I just... I felt so angry and scared that I almost lost her."

The crowd let out an 'Aww' gushing over him being so sweet to me. Caesar grinned. "And what about you, (Y/N)?"

"It was when Clove..." I stopped myself a little, it hurt saying her name, and I didn't want to continue the rest. Cato squeezed my hand.

"After she died, and Cato cradled me to sleep. I thought back to when he protected me and made me feel safe. Nobody's ever done that. I guess that's what made me love him." I saw Cato's cheeks turn red, making me smile at him.

"District 2 and 7, the star-crossed lovers; Cato Hadley and (Y/N) (L/N)!!" Caesar called out to all of Panem, the Capitol going berserk over us.

Before we left the train, we were given a few hours in the Capitol to have a final breakfast. I used this opportunity to have a final shower. After I came out, I grabbed a rose coloured dress and noticed something in my closet that caught my attention. Cato's grey sweater he gave me before the arena.

I slipped that on and left to go onto the train. Cato came on a few minutes later, and his eyes lit up when he saw what I was wearing. "You've kept it?"

I smiled. "Of course I did. It's the reason we're together now." He walked over to me and kissed my forehead, caressing my hair. We got ourselves settled into the train.

"President Snow had a talk with me and said that I would have to live with you in District 7 as a circumstance." Cato admitted. I turned to look to him.

"Was it because of the berries?" He looked back to me and gave me a sheepish smile.

"You could say that. And for having us two live in two completely different districts." I nodded, taking in this information.

"Are there any limitations to that rule though?" I asked. Surely there's gotta be one.

"Yeah, whenever someone gets reaped I have to go back to District 2 and spend time with them on the train. Mentor stuff I'm guessing." He shrugged.

It would make sense. Although he's told me there already is another male victor, it's best to have all of them.

"At least us two are together. I can't wait to meet your sisters and family." He smiled, holding my hands. I suddenly grew shy, smiling bashfully while looking away.

"That would be amazing." I replied.

Getting to the train station of District 7, I stood up along with Cato. We're starting a new chapter of our life together. And that was all that mattered.

And nothing was greater than the two of us stepping out into an overjoyed crowd of the people from District 7.

I love editing these chapters, I'm trying to swap or fix out some character development. Next chapter I'll try and add in a little bit of fluff.