𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕘𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Feel free to listen to There Are Worse Games To Play/Deep in the Meadow (video above) whilst reading, or any other favourite Hunger Games music!

There's gonna be an A/N at the bottom, hope you read that too

꧁ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ꧂

You watched from afar, seeing your eight year old daughter and five year old son playing with Katniss and Peeta's son and daughter, as well as Finnick and Annie's son.

After a year with Clover, she asked for another sibling to play with whenever you or your husband was at work. You were already planning on adopting another already, so it worked out perfectly.

Your son reminded you of Marvel from time to time. He always cracked a silly joke that made your spirit's brighter.

You, Cato, Finnick, and Annie decided to have a reunion with the Mockingjay and her husband, as well as Haymitch and your siblings, in District 12.

The adults watched from afar, making sure their children didn't wander off into the tree line. You smiled as they played in the meadow, even though you knew that they were playing on a graveyard.

Your siblings started to work with Katniss and Peeta in the medical industry, which was what District 12 was now known for. They didn't have children, but they adored Clover and Max just as much as you did.

They were truly amazing children, just like Clove and Marvel. They loved you and Cato as much as you loved them.

But during the time you left, you overheard your children talk about the past. They didn't know what it was about, they only had overheard some of the parents talking about it.

You and Cato never told them. It wasn't that you didn't want them to know, it was more like you didn't want them to know without being traumatized. But eventually, you knew they would learn about them in school, and learn that you two had taken part in the horrors of years ago.

Going home, it was very late, so you tucked the two into bed and kissed them goodnight. You sang the same lullaby that you did to Clove before she went to sleep. It soothed your kids, it being the only thing that will make them fall asleep.

They took that song for granted, only assuming it was a cute love song. But they didn't know that it was the same song used to sing someone to their death bed - someone you cared about dearly.

Softly closing the door, you walked into your own bedroom, your husband sitting on the bed already. You sat beside him and leaned on his shoulder.

"I still don't know how you're still with me, you know." You joked, nuzzling your head into his shoulder, getting comfortable.

"Well, for starters, I love you. Not just love. I would die for you." Cato countered back.

You nudged his arm. "You almost did that numerous times, honey."

Cato rolled his eyes, but chuckled. "And so did you, sweetie." Cato countered back mockingly, causing the two of you to exchange a small laugh.

Only after a few moments of silence, Cato turned to face you, cupping your face softly with his hands.

"I told you we'd survive together." He smirked at you, the same smirk you fell in love with, and the one that brung butterflies to your stomach.