Epilogue

December 25, 2016 ( 9 months later)

"One day when the glory comes

It will be ours, it will be ours

Oh one day when the war is won

We will be sure, we will be sure

Oh glory"

"Zach! Get the door," Elise yelled from upstairs.

"I got it," Zykese responded as he drug his house slipper-clad feet across the smooth hardwood floor. Zykese pulled the plastic step stool from underneath the console table near the doorway and positioned it so that he could stand on it and look through the peephole. Once identifying the visitor, he returned the stool and went back to open the door.

"Who is it," Zack queried as he made his presence known in the foyer while carrying a sleeping Aria Joy in his arms.

" It's mommy," Zykese answered.

"Let her in. I'm about to take your sister and lay her down," Zach said turning on his heels to take Aria to the nursery. Zach moved smoothly up the stairs, careful not to disturb his peacefully sleeping baby girl. He entered the nursery to see Elise coddling a fussy Amare Oshun.

 He entered the nursery to see Elise coddling a fussy Amare Oshun

To the surprise of everyone, including Dr. Anneise, Elise had given birth to a set of fraternal twins. Amare was never picked up on the ultrasound with him and his sister's syncopated heartbeats. Dr. Anneise was under the impression that Elise had formed another tumor. After pushing out a seven pound and five ounces baby girl, Elise complained of lingering contractions. Thirty minutes later a four pound even Amare made his debut. An overwhelmed Elise fainted after hearing the news of a second baby but was filled with an overwhelming sense of fulfillment after holding him in her arms. Although Amare played the background during Elise's pregnancy, he stole the spotlight upon his entrance into the world.

Aria Joy was a calm baby who whined more than cried and was easy to soothe, especially in the arms of her father and brother. Amare Oshun however, had the lungs of a toddler and wasn't afraid to use them. Surprisingly, his calm was his big sister Zakiya. She would rock him and hum songs that only she knew which caused the loud newborn to settle instantly.