Chapter 1: Honeybun

" Babe, will you check the oven for me," I yelled out to my husband as I shut the door on the half bath between our living room and kitchen. I intently listened as I heard Zach's heavy footsteps padding down the hardwood floors in the hall. Once I was sure he was in the kitchen, I crept out slowly holding my phone up to record him. 

" Elise, why is there a honey bun in the oven." I covered my mouth to stifle the laugh that was trying to escape my lips. " El!" he yelled. " I don't know what's up with this crazy ass girl" he mumbled as he rounded the corner and ran right into me. 

 " Who are you calling crazy and why are you yelling" I fake pouted. 

 " Baby, would you care to explain why there is a honey bun in the oven?" 

 I gave him a bright smile in return and just replied, " Because you put it in there." 

 He scoffed and rolled his eyes, " El, stop acting crazy, why would I put a fully wrapped honey bun in the damn oven?"

 I shrugged in response. " All I know is, YOU put a honeybun in MY oven."A look of confusion turned smirk, turned smile slowly crept on his face. " Oh shit, YOU have a bun in the oven" he slapped his forehead then lifted me off my feet. " My baby is having my baby!", He screamed while twirling me around. I was pretty sure that if he didn't put me back on my feet in the next few seconds, he was going to be decorated with the contents of my lunch from earlier. As the spinning came to a halt, I looked up in his eyes. Joy, love, and lust, were swirling behind the tears on the brim of his eyelids. His hands then slid from under my ass, up my thighs, past my waist, and up to my jawbone. He slowly brought my face to his for a sensual kiss. After giving him a soft peck, I felt his tongue swipe at my bottom lip, causing my lips to part and grant him access. He immediately deepened the kiss. I almost gave in until I jumped back realizing that I never turned the camera on my phone off. 

 " Babe, my Facebook live is still up, and our mamas are on there," I slapped my forehead in frustration. I pulled the phone up, and he immediately began speaking into the camera. This clown was dancing and singing R.Kelly "Having A Baby." I doubled over laughing because he was singing the girl part and all. I followed him to the couch and set down beside him as he continued to respond to comments. I just stared at my husband in awe. Joy was exuding from his pores. I know they say pregnant women glowed, but in this case, I think it was him who was glowing. 

 " Wait, Mama wants to know how far along are you." His voice snapped me out of the daydream, and I replied: " 9 weeks I think, but we will confirm it at the appointment on next Wednesday." He seemed to be in deep thought and then a smirk crossed his face. I looked at him skeptically and then questioned the look he was giving, " Why do you have the Stevie J face on right now?" 

"It's nothing baby, I was reminiscing about the time that brought us to this moment," he replied while looking off to the side as if he were in that exact time and space. I looked at the comments  and saw where Zach' brother, Jayme commented; He trapped you, sis. I laughed heartily.

 " I believe you brother," I said looking at Zach out the corner of my eye. He just shrugged his shoulders, and my mouth dropped. " Anywho, now that we have celebrated with you wonderful people publicly, it's time we celebrate with each other privately," I said suggestively while winking my eye. " And yes mamas, we will be to see you both this weekend. Bye now." I ended the live, closed the app and sat my phone on the armrest. Once finished. I looked over to my husband lustfully. 

 Zach reached over and grabbed my right hand and pulled me up so that my right leg came over his waist and I was straddling his lap. He nuzzled his head into my neck and mumbled how happy he was and how much he loved me. The vibrations of the baritone in his voice sent shivers through me as I used my thumbs to massage the base of his neck. He slowly pulled his head back with arms still wrapped around my waist.I smiled widely at him, and my next thought slipped from lips before my brain could process it, " When should we tell the kids?".