Chapter 23: Let's Straighten It Out

November 29, 2014

November 29, 2014

10:15 a.m.

"Elise! Wake up, mama! I need you to go somewhere with me." There were so many thoughts running through my head that I barely got any sleep last night. I stayed up with thoughts of my son majority of the night, then when I coupled those with the idea of losing my wife, I couldn't take it.

"Zach, I'm not in the mood today. What I said yesterday still stands. Now if you don't mind, I need to catch up on my rest because Destiny's couch had cushions made of steel," she sleepily replied.

" I heard you loud and clear yesterday. I really just need you to work with me right now. After this, I'll do whatever you want me to do. You want me to leave; I'll leave. You want me to move out; I'll move out. But I need to do this." I said those things, but I really didn't mean it. THere was no way I was losing my wife.

"Ugh," she groaned tossing the duvet from her body and made her way towards the bathroom. I took the time to admire her in her royal blue lace teddy and matching boy shorts that were riding up her ass from her wild sleeping. Count on Elise to get sexy for bed, to sleep on the edge furthest away from me.

 Count on Elise to get sexy for bed, to sleep on the edge furthest away from me

After getting dressed we headed towards the car. Elise and I's mom took the kids out today, which was good for me because they would be trying to tag along. Today could go so many ways; I'm just hoping it goes the right direction. We hopped in the car and made our way towards Cracker Barrel. What would typically be a fifteen-minute drive turned into thirty because of everyone that was in town for the Iron Bowl. The infamous Auburn vs. Alabama game was the biggest rivalry in the state. People would come, and set-up tailgates as early as Thanksgiving Day in preparation.

We walked into the restaurant and was immediately greeted by the host. I asked for a table for three in the back, and Elise gave me the side eye. I couldn't wait another day to get things between my wife and the mother of my children straight. I never wanted my wife to feel like background noise, and I didn't wish to have Jhene to feel like she had some hold on me.

We made our way to the back where a server immediately came and took our drink orders. My phone buzzed with a text from Jhene letting me know she was outside. I texted her back where we were sitting and waited until she came into view. Jhene walked in and hesitated for a minute before she slowly made her way over to the table. I felt Elise plant her feet into the floor to slide her chair back, so I placed my hand firmly on her thigh to hold her in place. Neither one of them knew that the other would be here, which was important. I didn't want them to have time to build defenses and come up with petty ways to piss the other off or not show up.