Chapter 5: Memories

"Babe, you in the mood for ice cream?", I asked while smiling

"Babe, you in the mood for ice cream?", I asked while smiling. Even before Elise got pregnant, ice cream was her medicine. If she has a headache, she wanted ice cream, had a cold; she wanted ice cream. The only time she has never asked for it was when she had the flu.

" Oooo, Let's go to Freddy's," she beamed.

I nodded my head in agreement. Freddy's has the best desserts! Their food, on the other hand, was not much to rave about. I intertwined our hands over the middle console while I drove. Elise was singing along to "Drunk In Love" by Beyonce. My wife is so beautiful, and her energy is always so infectious. Even when she was having a bad day, she found some joy. I remember when I first met her I thought she was bubbly because of the alcohol but turns out she's the same way sober.

Elise released my hand and threw her hands up in the air singing, " ... we be all night...loooove loooove...". She was twerking and glowing. I shifted in my seat adjusting myself as I grew aroused at the thought of my wife gyrating her body. She laughed to herself as the song faded and we pulled up to Freddy's.

"That's my jam baby! That's exactly how I felt when I met you. Slightly gone off that Hennesy but still caught up in you! Thank God I'm a clutz!", she ranted while she got out of the car.

"Mmhh! I bet you did. You tried to play me when we got back to campus though. You gave me the run around for two weeks before you let me take you out", I smirked while opening the door. Elise cut her eyes at me while shaking her head.

"Dude, I was sick. How was I going to go out with you blowing my nose every five minutes?" she expressed while walking up to the counter. I ordered a concrete sundae, and she ordered a Hawaiian Delight Sundae.

"Ew, El! Pineapples do not belong on ice cream! Let's sit outside since it's nice out today." I spoke with my face scrunched at the sight of her ice cream. It was scoops of vanilla topped with caramel sauce, pineapples, walnuts, and whipped cream with a cherry on top.

She grabbed her sundae while I grabbed mine and made our way outside to the patio. It was 85 degrees today, but there was a slight breeze that made the heat tolerable. I followed El to the table and took a seat beside her. As soon as her but hit the chair, her spoon found it's it's way to her mouth.

"Mmm," she moaned while sucking her spoon.

" I got something you can moan and suck on," I said suggestively raising my eyebrow. El's cheeks began to get slight tint to them as she hit my arm. "you remember our first date?", I inquired.

"Do I?" she said while laughing. "I told you I was sick, but you came over to my apartment anyway. I still don't know how you found out where I stay", she said looking off to the side.

"Destiny told me. We took a class together, and I told her I wanted to bring you some soup and shit, so she was game" I stated casually. Her best friend Destiny and I took a mechanics class together. It was and still is easy getting information out of Destiny. That girl couldn't hold water if you gave her a cup to put it in.