Chapter 48: I Understand

"There's no way I can pay you backBut the plan is to show you that I understand

But the plan is to show you that I understand

You are appreciated "

March 5, 2016

Omniscient

Zach ran around like a chicken with his head cut off in preparation for this day. His original idea was to be executed on a much smaller scale, but after speaking with the family therapist, his mom, and Elise's mother, he knew he needed to make today extraordinary. No one, not even him, could understand the hurt that Elise was feeling. None of them had ever lost a child or knew what the struggles of infertility felt like. Although Davis was also Zach's child, the family therapist explained that it was something different about carrying a child and having it grow within you and take over your body and senses. Mother's form a bond that everyone doesn't get to experience until the child's arrival.

It seemed the hormonal supplements she was taking brought forth her harbored emotions and forced her to feel everything all at once leaving her in a fragile state.

Across town, Gianna, Elise, and Destiny enjoyed a day of pampering. This was the prelude to what her family had in store for her. The trio was at Moon's Day Spa treating themselves to massages, facials, manicures, and pedicures.

"This day was much needed," Elise professed in a muffled voice as she lay face down on the massage table. Every knead of the masseuse's hands caused her to release sighs and grunts of satisfaction.

"You and me both sis," Gianna agreed from the table beside her. Gianna had taken the weekend to spend some much needed time with her sister. Although they were only separated by a few years, Gianna saw Elise more of as a second mother than a big sister. Their mother, Ava, was a single mom, so when her mother was busy trying to make a living to sustain them, Elise stepped in.

"Chile, I'm just enjoying the quiet. Yall can have all that fondling that got yall moaning and groaning," Destiny sassed from her chair in the corner.

"Oh, girl hush! You need to be on the table to calm your hype ass down," Elise said around a chuckle.

"Girl you know how I am about strangers touching on me," Destiny stated while side-eyeing the two petite raven-haired masseuses.

" I guess Jay is rubbing that thang down enough as is," Gianna chuckled while Elise mumbled in agreement.

"Sure is," Destiny quipped while taking a dainty sip of the complimentary wine.

Meanwhile, Zach stood in the middle of the ornately decorated private dining room. Purple and pink hues organically fused into each other creating a harmonious marriage of the two. Centerpieces adorned in purple, and pink flowers with touches of greenery lined the center of the table flanked by tea light candles in long stem vases. Place settings in pink and purple with gold accents were expertly placed at each seat. The uplights added a hazy but soft feel to the room drawing all of the elements together.