Chapter 37: On Sight

Hey yall! Sorry for the radio silence

Hey yall! Sorry for the radio silence. This has been a week of praying and fasting for me. I spent this past week unlpugged. I feel refreshed and I missed yall! All week I was wondering what y'all were up to. 

How was your week?

On to why You're really here....

June 2015

"Babe, I think we should take a couples trip," Zach leisurely stated while scrolling on his phone.

" That sounds like fun. When, where, and who did you have in mind," I queried looking through my e-mails on my Ipad. Although the students and teachers were out of school, I worked a few weeks after them because I was a 10-month employee.

"I was thinking me, you, Jay, Des, Cam, and Cassandra," he listed off mindlessly.

"Jay and Des, yes, Cam and Cassandra, no," I stated firmly.

"Why not Cam, yall beefing or something," Zach said now looking over at me. I bit my lip debating with myself on whether this was the time to address the situation with Cam, although I handled it. I sat my Ipad on ottoman next to my feet and looked over at my husband.

"I don't have beef with Cam; Cam has beef with me. He had one opinion, and I had mine. He couldn't see things my way, so I cut him off," I said trying not to go too far into the details.

"Both of y'all are stubborn as a bull. Let me call my boy and-"

"That's not your boy," I clipped, "and evidently not my brother either," I stated rolling my eyes.

"What you mean," Zach asked now fully engaged in the conversation. I bit my lip in frustration because I know this conversation is going to go in only one direction, and that's left.

"Before I give you a play by play, just know that I handled it," I stated firmly while Zach nodded his head in response.

"Cam has decided that he is and has been in love with me," I sighed. "I told him that I saw him as nothing more than a brother and that I didn't understand how we could be friends for damn near all our lives and it never came up. When I told you I was meeting up with him to talk, I did, and this motherfucker tried to kiss me-"