Chapter 34: Cake Cake Cake

Today was Elise's birthday

Today was Elise's birthday. Today was all about her and making today especially significant for her. She had been incredibly supportive through all the drama with Jhene. Even after being ridiculed and her past put on display in the court, she hung in there and stayed by my side. Despite her own feelings, she stuck by my side, and I wanted to let her know that I appreciate her.

Recently, much to my dismay, she started back working to complete her hours to be a certified counselor. She initially started the process two years ago, but she stopped because I was upset about the amount of time it required her to be away from home. Outside of work, the majority of her free time was spent counseling families to get her hours.

Her counselor called to let her know that she needed to complete her hours by the end of August or else all the hours she already accumulated would be expired. She needed 3000. She finished 1500 hours and used her coursework for 700 hours. She had 800 hours to complete in a short amount of time. I knew that I needed to step aside and let her work on her dreams, but I hated the thought of her being away so much.

." Babe," I hear Elise yell as the alarm altered of an open door.

" Upstairs," I called back to her.

I heard her heavy footsteps coming up the stairs as I walked out of the closet, with clothes in hand.

"Someone's glowing," I said giving her an appreciative once-over. I sent Elise to the spa this morning after treating her to breakfast at Another Broken Egg Cafe. After her deep Swedish massage, she went to her pre-scheduled hair and nail appointment.

" I am aren't I," Elise said as she twirled around flaunting her new install. " However," she said popping her tongue, " I'm starving! Feed me please," she drug out in an exasperated voice as if she hadn't eaten in forever.

" Girl you crazy, come on. I got something for you." I grabbed her hand in mine and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I walked her over to the dining room and pulled out her chair for her. As I was turning to walk away, Elise grabbed my hand making me turn to face her. She beckoned me closer with her index finger with a seductive look in her eyes. I brought my face closer to hers, and she extended her neck placing a soft kiss on my lips.

It started as an innocent peck, but then I felt her tongue slither across my bottom lip and then tangle with mine. She moaned into my mouth as my hand cradled the back of her neck in the palm of my hand. She tilted her head back allowing me to take control of the kiss. I pulled back sucking on her bottom lip. When I looked at her face, her lips were still puckered, and her eyes were closed tightly. I gave her one peck to pull her out of her trance.

She fluttered her eyes open gazing at me in lust.

" Hello love," she said batting her eyelashes and then used her thumb to wipe away the remnants of lip gloss she left on my lips.

" Hey baby," I said releasing her head from my hands and walking towards the kitchen. I came back and placed her plate in front of her along with a glass of Crown and coke.