Chapter 4: Prince Sebastian

SEBASTIAN

"There's the prince of the Castel!" Dad smiled at me as I entered the gates. I put my hands in my pockets.

"Dad," I greeted him, Nodding my  head.

"Kamusta ang university?" Natawa naman ako. I remember that small girl na naman. God, What a bitch. 

"It was fun, Actually. Better than I expected. Interesting." I smiled. Tinignan ko ang paligid. Thousand dollar flowers fill the cement paved garden, Carefully decorated with life like sculptures.

"Nakita mo ba siya?" Asked dad. My eyebrows met.

"Who?" 

"The Cruz prodigy, Axe."

"No, I-" Come to think of it. He was with that short girl at the  canteen.

"Yeah I saw him... May kasama siyang nobody." Tinitigan naman ako ni dad.

"Ang Cruz talaga mahilig sa mahirap." My eyebrows rose. Dad must've noticed.

"Ang mga Cruz ginagamit nila ang mahihirap. We help them. One day you'll be able to rule. You'll help. You'll build them up. Kailangan nila tayo. Tandaan mo yan. Kailangan tayo ng mga tao, Sebastian." I smiled.

"Our family's legacy is all I live for, Dad. Wala kong gagawin that would ruin our name." Ngumiti si daddy.

"I know. Now, your mother is waiting inside." Pumasok kami ng mansyon at sumalubong sakin ang amoy ng vanilla and...

"Chocolate?" I asked.

"Yes, dear. New scents came in from Paris." My mom kisses my cheek.

I just stared at my mother. Bakit chocolate? Who the hell wants their house to smell like chocolate? Willy Wonka?

"Ah si, si. Mi amore. Dinner is ready. Maupo na kayong dalawa." Nakangiting sabi ni mama.

We headed to the kitchen at doon umupo. I watched as the maids rush to serve our dinner.

"It's too early for dinner, Don't you think?" Tanong ko.

"We figured maybe you're hungry after a long day at university. Kamusta pala? What do you think?" Sabi ni mom.

"It's fine. Great.  I saw Cruz." Dumiretso ang tingin ni mama.

"Cruz? Axe Cruz?"

"Yes." I started to eat. Mom worriedly glared at my father.

"You put my Sebastian in the same university as a Cruz?!" She asked as if it was such a bad thing.

"Yes. I don't see anything wrong with it. Plus, Our Sebastian is trending. Again." My dad proudly announced.

"The people really like me, Huh?" I asked.

"Syempre. You're the one and only. You're expected to rule the country in a few years." Dad explained.

"Dumagdag pa ang charisma at charms mo, anak." Nakangiting sabi ni mama.

"Don't ever disappoint us, Bastian." I felt my own saliva clog my throat. Tinignan ko si papa at tumango.

"Of course." Natapos ang dinner and my mother announced she'll be going to Greece tonight.

"Tonight? You just got home from L.A. diba?" I asked habang nagliligpit ang mga kasambahay.

"Yes dear, But Lazaro Li Machavoi just released his limited edition black heels. I just have to have that." Sabi niya, Emphasizing the word 'have'.

"Who's Lazaro?"

"Only the most in demand fashionista slash designer in the world, Mi hijo." Tinignan siya ni dad.

"Half of the money I'll be paying him will go directly to a charity in Greece. And the shoes I'll be getting will be sold here in the Philippines for double. Kung isang milyon ang halaga noon, Pag napunta sa Pilipinas magiging dalawa, tatlong milyon." I just stared on the ground, Thinking that they couldn't at least stay in the country for at least twelve hours.

"The money from the shoes I'll be auctioning will be for your daddy's new project, A new orphanage in a province east of Visayas. Everything is for the people!"

Tumango nalang ako at hinalikan siya sa pisnge. What more  can I do? I can't stop her, And this is for the people.

"Be safe, mom."

"I'll have to go too, Basti." My head turned to my dad. 

"You too, dad? Where to?"

"I have a meeting with Makati, Davao and Surigao." He said as he fixed his tie. My eyes followed a maid, Handing my dad a suit case.

"What for?" I asked. Pabirong ginulo ni dad ang buhok ko.

"Anak, It's just for the Election. Kasama sa senatorial slate ko ang mayors of Makati, Davao at Surigao."

"Didn't Davao actively try to run against you as Senator?" I asked, remembering the scandal from years ago.

"He did, Pero politics is politics. Wala kang permanenteng kaibigan o kaaway dito, Bastian. Always remember that."

"At hindi naman siya nanalo so no hard feelings." I stared at my parents as they walked out of the mansion.

"It's just me again, I guess." I looked around the mansion filled with maids and bodyguards moving like emotionless robots. 

It still feels empty despite multiple servants around me, Way too quiet and clean.

And I don't like that. Might as well make use of them.

Pinigil ko ang isa sa mga kasambahay that's running towards the gates. 

"Ask the head cook to get a catering ready."

"Yes, sir." Sinalubong ako ng tatlong head mistresses.

"You, I need party lights and the disco ball out."

"You get the decorations out, Lalo sa pool area."

"And you, I need every window, door and entrance in this house to be wide open." They all nodded in obedience. 

"Opo sir."

"Ah, Wait. I need speakers sa lahat ng sulok ng mansyon na to." Tumango sila at nagsimulang gawin ang lahat ng inutos ko.

While waiting for them to finish, I went up to the second floor. I held my room's door knob as I stared at the locked room across mine. I shook my head before twisting my door open.

Curiousity killed the cat, Basti.

I lit up a cigarette and opened a can of beer to get myself warmed up.

I got on my phone and started to post on all my social medias.

"Party at the Castel Mansion tonight. Bring as much people as you can XP"